“Great value fresh food”
Review of d'egg diner

d'egg diner
Ranked #11 of 733 Restaurants in Norfolk
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The top breakfast destination in Downtown Norfolk since 2003. Early weekday dining specials and ABC available. All fresh juices and a juice bar.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Some people had advised me to try it and I'm glad I did. Friendly staff and good value fresh cooked breakfast. I wish I'd tried it earlier in my trip. I would definately eat there again if I was in the area.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Good for a quick, reasonably priced breakfast. Service is okay. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Finishing "college carpool" back to ODU after Thanksgiving break, I needed breakfast for my 5 hour trip home. I actually had seen an ad in my hotel Visitor Guide for D'Egg but did not think anymore about it until I passed it on Hampton Blvd. leaving the ODU campus area. First impressions just okay, small local diner, no frills but friendly staff. 3 egg cheddar cheese and tomato omlette HUGE and enough to split. I really have never seen such a fluffy egg omlette, great stoneground grits and whole wheat toast. Service was good and food very good. My biggest complaint would be the cleaniness of the diner, ants were crawling from the bottle of syrup to the window where I sat, food on the walls and floors could use some scrubbing - spring clean this joint and it's a winner, I would return.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

There were eight of us and service was great.. The food was fresh and delicious. We all had different things and it all came out at the same time - we will definitely eat there again.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Seemed like a nice, downtown diner and the prices for basic breakfast entrees were very reasonble (under $5) but with coffee and O.J. it turned into $11+. Hashbrowns not done, kind of rubbery, eggs seemed small and bacon scrawny.