“It's your average Diner”
Review of d'egg diner

d'egg diner
Ranked #15 of 713 Restaurants in Norfolk
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: breakfast and lunch in downtown norfolk in front of the convention center
Norfolk, Virginia
“It's your average Diner”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The food was good, service was just as good but none of it was outstanding. If I'm looking for a quick place to grab some good breakfast food, I'll probably return. Not disappointed.

• Visited February 2012

Northern Virginia
“Excellent Diner”
Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

Great selection, everyone in our party enjoyed their meal, which in our case was breakfast. They even had some healthy selections on their robust menu. There were many people there and they handled the crowd well and the food arrived quite rapidly. Cool place, I recommend it, especially for breakfast or a quick lunch.

virginia
“In the World of Diners, it's a 4.5”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I read one of the reviews that said, "don't be misled by the good reviews." If the good reviews led this commentator to believe that this is some higher category restaurant, I can understand the confusion. But in the world of family diners, where the cheap food can be hit or miss, or just bad, the places can be dirty and service can be challenging, and the locations can be cramp and unwelcoming, D'egg, is a stand out "diner." Me, my wife, and our family hit eat at D'Egg once or twice a month and it's a clean diner, it's a good value, nice people, kid friendly, and terrific, consistent "diner" food, particularly breakfast. They move traffic in and out efficiently yet we never feel rushed, and they can accommodate larger groups. If you want a good diner breakfast and don't want to play the odds on whether you will have a good, mediocre, or bad meal or experience, D'Egg is quite dependable and a stand out.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank PhillyFoodieVA
Prince George's County, Maryland
“Serves its purpose”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Referred to eat here by locals. After walking around the Norfolk waterfront, I ventured back toward my hotel the Marriott and went to dine. The wait was about 5 minutes because we opted to sit at the bar. The place was packed--wall to wall. The food was not bad, though not Crackle Barrel, as it is definitely a "diner" type experience but it provided nothing I would rave about. Serves its purpose. Check out too longer than I would have expected. I hope you find this review helpful.

Visited May 2012
Virginia
“I just love breakfast!”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Great location and friendly staff. You can't go wrong.

Visited April 2012

Been to d'egg diner? Share your experiences!