“Wonderful Place!”
Review of Navy Lodge Norfolk

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norfolk
Navy Lodge Norfolk
Georgia
“Wonderful Place!”
Reviewed May 4, 2010

We stayed five nights at the Navy Lodge on Hampton Blvd as we were visiting our Sailor and attending the Family Day Cruise on the USS George H W Bush. We stayed in the new buidling and had a very large end room. The room we chose had two queen beds, a very nice kitchen with regular size refrigerator, two burner smooth top range, microwave and eating bar. The dressing are was large and the bathroom was very nice. The room was quiet and the temperature very comfortable. We enjoyed the free wireless internet, the large flat screen TV and the Grab and Go breakfast from the Lobby. The staff was very friendly. There is also a nice mini-mart and gift shop between the original and new buidlings next to the Lobby. The location was great, about a mile from the Naval Base and only about six miles from the downtown area. There were plenty of places to dine and lots of touristy activities within a short distance. We spent one day at Virginia Beach, only 16 miles away and also visiting the Hampton area downtown on the Elizabeth River. I highly recommend this Lodge to any Navy family members.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
La Plata, MD
Reviewed April 10, 2010

My wife and I attended a conference at Hampton University. The travel to the University was only 15 minutes away from the Norfolk Navy Lodge. The hotel accommodations were just as good as most other hotels we have used. My wife and I were completely satisfied.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank VF41
Lexington Park, Maryland
Reviewed March 15, 2010

I'll start out by saying save yourself the hassle and just stay at the Hampton Inn because this place is not worth it.

I was originally booked at the Hampton but my company wanted to save money and put me in the Navy Lodge. I was here for 2 weeks on business so I had a long time to evaluate this establishment. It was the worst 2 weeks I have spent anywhere before. I was on the first floor and had a kitchenette suite. The room was very noisy between the nearby shipyard noise and just hotel noise. People and kids running around, screaming and banging things was very annoying late at night. The walls seemed very thin and more was heard than should have been. It's not very sound proof. Usually better hotels are more quiet than this. Also something was wrong with the fire alarm system the whole time I was there and they never got anyone to fix it. The alarm panel was right around the corner from my room and it kept going off randomly all the time. It would just keep beeping until someone would finally come and reset the thing, but never fix the problem. I had to put up with that nonsense the whole time which was getting extremely annoying by the end. There were also bugs in the room. I killed several ants and at least 2 silverfish. They need to have the place sprayed. The kitchen was a nice feature but the maids don't clean the utensils so you rely on the last person to use them and how clean they are. Well mine were dirty and I had to scrub them all before first use which I think is horrible and unsanitary. The beds weren't very comfortable and were hard. The internet was very slow for a "highspeed" connection. They do not have Wi-Fi here only a wall DSL connection. It also went down for a day when I really needed to get some work done.

All in all I was very disappointed in this place and hope to never need to go back there. It made a long trip seem longer and uncomfortable. I would not recommend this place to anyone unless you are really needing a cheap room for 1 or 2 nights. It's hard to put up with it for more than that.

Pros:
- Cheap Price
- NEX mini-mart on site

Cons:
- Bugs in the room
- Noisy
- Mediocre staff
- Unclean kitchen utensils
- Slow internet, no Wi-Fi only DSL
- Hard beds
- No free lotion