“A great time on the water & lots of dolphins!”

Great White Water Sports
Ranked #4 of 11 Tours in Norfolk
More attraction details
Owner description: Now located at 1000 E Ocean View Ave, Norfolk, VA 23503, in our new 4,000 sq. ft. facility directly on the beautiful beaches of the Chesapeake Bay. Launch directly from the beach, as we combine safety with breathtaking experiences, to ensure our customers have "Waves of Fun!". We offer jet skis, dolphin tours, stand up paddleboards, kayaks, canoes, small fishing boats, and much more. At Great White Water Sports, you can make it a day at the beach, as beach volleyball, cornhole, free parking and wi-fi are included with any rental purchase. Come today and experience the Virginia Beach area's premier water sports rental company. "We'll see you on the water!"
Virginia Beach
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A great time on the water & lots of dolphins!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I bought a groupon for the 45 minute dolphin tour & I think it would have been worth paying full price! I am very glad we were navigating the calmer waters of the bay, especially with my sixteen year old stepdaughter driving. The dolphins were so close! It really added to the excitement of the tour. The equipment seemed safe, and although not terribly new, it ran well and without speed governors. I will be watching for another opportunity so that I can take my young children next time...

Visited August 2012
2 Thank shixsa

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

After reading the reviews of rudee inlet jet ski rental --we were within walking distance--we decided to take the drive to great white water sports instead--the guy that worked there was so friendly. He made the whole experience so much better and it was less expensive also. We would definitely go back especially for the great people that work there.

2 Thank Jjones05
Richmond, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great White saves the day!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This is my 2nd time coming to G.W......and I must say that the staff is a 5 star crew! We had a 10:30 a.m. dolphin tour .....had car trouble before leaving Richmond...an 18wheeler jackknifed on I-64 so now we were looking @ 12 o'clock just arriving! We were warmly greated as if it was our schedualed time. The experience of getting that close to some of the smartest mammals on the planet ( in THEIR natural space) PRICELESS!!! You know that the dolphins are checking you out as you sit and observe them! I have been to other ski rentals and rest assured this is the most BANG for your BUCK$!! When we got back to the car....Yep! It Would not start! O' yeh..It was also our wedding anniv. as we waited to get a jumpstart my wife and i looked at each other and said......Great White saves the day!!

Visited August 2012
2 Thank TP2G
Oakmont, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“It doesn't get any better! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We chose Great White because of the reviews and they exceeded our expectations. Justin spent a good amount of time with me on the phone on the day that I called explaining why we couldn't go out in the post storm surf. Boy am I glad we waited for another day. He also did something very unexpected. He talked me out of an hour rental. I explained that I was bringing my kids (21, 19 & 15) and he suggested that we start with a 30 minute rental. Because it was a little choppy we had a very fulfilling half hour but were pretty much spent physically after that half hour. The staff at the beach were friendly and helpful and made us feel welcome and comfortable.

The only tricky we had was the check in and payment. Because of where Great White is located, on the beach at the Virginia Resort and Conference Center, it was a little challenging to find them and to make our payment in the workout center at the resort. You have to drive up the parking ramp, park near the pool and walk through the indoor pool area of the resort, which is where you pay. In spite of that, the overall experience was well worth the trip. We drove from Sandbridge, over 30 minutes, past another water sports attraction (because their ratings weren't as good) and we're glad we did. By the way, my kids thanked me numerous times afterwards. It doesn't get any better!!!

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Joe K
Azle, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience, guided by thoughtful and friendly staff!”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

On a recent trip to Virginia Beach, I decided to go jet skiing with my husband. While we are here on the "off-season" there were few advertised choices for water sports this time of year. We came across reviews for this company on TripAdvisor, and made a reservation within a few days notice. The staff informed us we could just "walk-on" instead of making a reservation if we wanted to, which allowed for great flexibility when traveling. When we arrived, we parked at the hotel in front of the company's wooden stand on the beach. The hotel was the Virginia Beach Resort and Conference Center, a very large hotel with plenty of parking. This was the only small con, as we hadn't properly notated where exactly the company was located, and had a little bit of trouble finding it at first, as my GPS took me to the gated end of the Virginia Beach Resort. But when I called to say we were lost, the staffer was very friendly and helpful, and precise in providing accurate directions. Needless to say, we were back on track in minutes. When we arrived, our guide was so friendly and thorough, always stressing safety and fun in perfect balance. There were 6 of us skiing that afternoon (around 4pm), and there was a "monitor" on a jet ski nearby in the water throughout constantly minding us, making sure no one was in trouble and that we had not gone too far beyond the wide boundaries of where the water craft could safely go. We had a fantastic time! The company had definitely mastered customer service, and were quite family friendly. We hope to do this again next summer when the water is warmer!

Visited October 2011