“Really good senior deals, and family atmosphere”
Review of Cagney's - CLOSED

Cagney's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Loved the trains around the ceiling and the down-home breakfast. REally nice prices for the senior meals, too. Love the ice cream parlor on the side and the friendly wait staff. Only biscuits were a bit doughy and gravy gummy but all else fine.

1  Thank Katherine B

Reviewed December 15, 2011

Love this place! It is such a cozy place to eat. The interior dark wood makes you feel like you're at a place that's been around for a hundred years (they've been there about 2-3 years). They have a little train that runs around the ceiling and it's fun to watch. Their prices are super-reasonable and you can get a chicken-fried steak, eggs, and a side of pancakes for under $8! And it's good food! They put real butter on the table for their yummy pancakes, and it just makes them THAT much better. Yum!

They also have an old-fashioned ice cream parlor but I always get breakfast so I have yet to try their desserts (but their menu looks amazing). I have nothing negative to say about Cagney's, and they're always super-accomdating with my stroller and baby. We love going there!

They're open from 7am to 11pm every day.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

We're locals and have been driving by Cagney's for quite some time. We always wanted to stop but and were wary about the reviews. We went at 1pm and I must say... it was amazing. I'm from the country, and it reminded me of the food I ate growing up. So good. I think I might understand where some of the people who called Cagney's "bland" are coming from. Country food is different from Southern food. Country doesn't use alot of seasonings -mainly salt, pepper, vinegar, even oil, etc. We like the taste of vegetables and meats without having to put extreme amounts of other seasonings and hot sauce on things. The simple spices and food are what we consider "Old Country Cook'n" and that's what Cagney's features. Our lunch was so good and filling (definitely "sticks to your ribs"). I had country fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, cabbage, and black-eyed-peas and my husband had pot-roast, mashed potatoes with gravy, and collard greens. Absolutely delicious AND we have dinner -too much food, thank goodness for takeout boxes. We're definitely planning to go again next week... or whenever the next craving hits -I'm 32 weeks pregnant. :)

Reviewed September 5, 2011

This was actually my second visit to Cagney's. I went in mId-August with my kids. They loved the atmosphere, the waitress was adequate & the food was terrible. I had the Buffalo Chicken Wrap which turned out to be a fried chicken wrap soaked in plain hot sauce & the Ranch Dressing was completely forgotten. The kids ordered off the kids menu, one got a side of mashed potatoes without gravy..she got exactly that, no butter or anything. ..the rest of the kids food was o-k but not anything we couldn't get elsewhere. Each of the kids got ice cream afterwards, one of the sundaes came without the hot fudge that was advertised in their menu. I promised I'd never purchase a meal there again, but since the kids loved the atmosphere especially the train I agreed to go back again yesterday BUT only for ice cream. After being seated we waited 15 minutes to get the drinks we ordered, & to place our order. When the waitress did finally return to take our order she got annoyed at us for only wanting sundaes, stopped taking our order, said "I'll be back" & proceeded to seat & wait on another party. Not returning to us for another 10 minutes when she realized we were leaving. ..never, EVER to return again!

Reviewed May 26, 2011

We go to Cagneys about once a week and have never been disappointed. We even had our rehearsal dinner there and the food, atmospher and service was great.