Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport
$112
$106
$125
  • Pool
All reviewscinnamon rollsfront deskkeurig coffee makerliving roomlove stayingnext morningturkey sausagegreat place to stayking suitewater pressurerental carthe location is perfectflat screen tvvirginia beachcomfortable roomexercise roomgreat room
Reviewed September 20, 2010

I was really impressed by the staff at this hotel. From check in to check out, each staff member was friendly and welcoming. They went out of their way to get the room cleaned for an early checkin. I had mentioned I was looking for my mom and they even called to say she was on the way to the room!
The only complaint I had was that whatever they used to clean the room was a little overpowering, but I am sensitive to strong scents. We slept well in the comfy beds, and it was a quick trip to the airport the next morning. There isn't much going on around the hotel but there are several restaurants within walking distance and a mall down the street a ways.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2010

My trips to this hotel have always been enjoyable. Dru, the receptionist, has always been polite, friendly, and very helpful with my needs within the hotel, as well as information around the city. You are fortunate to have him as an employee.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2010

We have travelled extensively this year to England, France and Michigan and now Virginia. Tried many brand name hotels and private one's too, even some B&B's. This was the 4th Holiday Inn Express and it was by far the best of them all. This place is one year old but you would not know it as everything feels new. It is a very clean facility throughout with their Express breakfast hot and ready, a delicious treat. We were given cookies upon arrival and we had a suite for $95. They also provided a FREE shuttle ride to the airport (8 minutes) in a newer custom van; I had read TA reviews before and it stated that the ride to the airport was $15, not true, they do not charge. The carpeting in the hallways and rooms is so clean and new, it is truely the greatest places to stay in the Norfolk area for the money.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Our stay was really nice. Kids enjoyed pool,and breakfast. We stayed in one of the suites which was great with two kids.

Only cons we had was we were not told that Debit cards would be charged $20 extra per night of stay. If we had know we would have paid cash. Have a sign up but never mentioned it to us at check in.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank rest423
mermaidhotel, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2010

We are really glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! Sorry about not being clear on the debit card hold. Thanks to your suggestion we are now making every effort to inform our guests at check in. Thank you for your great comments and we can’t wait to have you visit us again!

Reviewed July 14, 2010

I was recently in the Norfolk area for a wedding. I have always been a fan of the IHG Family of Hotels so I naturally made a reservation at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. I must say, I was totally blown away with the quality of this property. The hotel itself was gorgeous and you can certainly tell the owners paid close attention to every detail. The staff of the hotel was remarkable and very knowledgeable about the Norfolk area. I will definitely be staying at this hotel again the next time I am in Norfolk and would HIGHLY reccomend this everyone.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
mermaidhotel, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2010

mbernie,
It is great to hear you had a wonderful stay at the hotel! Congratulations to the wedding party. That means you need to bring your friends back year after year to celebrate their anniversary! You know where to book your rooms! I look forward to hosting you again and am glad you enjoyed your time here!

Reeva Luecke