Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport
$123
$89
$157
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport(Norfolk)(Great Value!)
$89
$156
  • Pool
$134
  • Pool
All reviewscinnamon rollsfront deskkeurig coffee makerliving roomlove stayingnext morningturkey sausagegreat place to stayking suitewater pressurerental carthe location is perfectflat screen tvvirginia beachcomfortable roomexercise roomgreat room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights when visiting Norfolk and Virginia Beach. Was shocked at how nice the hotel was for what i consider a budget hotel. We had a suite which was two rooms, both large in size. The bathroom was also large. Rooms well appointed with modern decor. Beds were comfortable. The room had a microwave and small fridge. All of the furnishings were in great shape and linens were nice. The hotel was also quiet. Breakfast was so-so, i ended up at starbucks next door which is walkable. They have some healthy breakfast options, but oatmeal with nothing, not even raisins to mix in, was a bit sad. Walgreens is also next door and walkable as well as a smoothie place. The location is very convenient to major highways and downtown norfolk. The food options around the hotel aren't anything special, mainly chains and fast food. It is worth the quick drive into downtown norfolk to find better places. Azteca was good for mexican food and great prices!

I would stay here again for sure. Pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: Ours was near the side where dumpsters were and at one point at an odd time of night, they were emptying trash which woke me up. Maybe try and avoid that side of the hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
HIExpressNorfolk, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Good Afternoon zoecatva!

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel and telling others of your positive experience with us. Many people do not know that we offer the only "All Suites" hotel in Norfolk. All of our rooms come with only the best amenities and we believe in making sure that you get everything needed from a hotel for a decent price. I do apologize that you didn't find our breakfast to be noteworthy. We have taken that piece of information from this review to look further into how we can "spruce up" the breakfast to be more appealing to our guests (your notation of additional items for oatmeal has been discussed and we are looking forward to seeing what we are able to offer hotel guests!) I also apologize that the garbage truck came to empty the receptical so late at night. I will be looking into this to ensure that this does not happen again. Once again, thank you for your review, we take all reviews and concerns seriously on our continuing effort to offer top notch service! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Stayed while visiting the Norfolk area. Great location, centrally located between Norfolk, Virginia Beach and Hampton. Large spacious suite, 2 rooms with 2 TVS and kitchen. Comfortable bed. Typical Holiday Inn breakfast. Close to the botanical gardens. (A must visit, just to see the bald eagles)Though it is called the airport location, you never hear a plane. Room and hotel was quiet.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Good Afternoon Traveler!

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel and telling others of your positive experience with us. Many people do not know that we offer the only "All Suites" hotel in Norfolk. All of our rooms come with only the best amenities and we believe in making sure that you get everything needed from a hotel for a decent price. Once again, thank you for your review, we take all reviews and concerns seriously on our continuing effort to offer top notch service! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stayed here for one night on March 17th. We were in town for the Shamrock Half Marathon. I reserved the room online. The site was clear and easy to navigate. I paid in full up front, so nothing additional was needed at check-in. The staff member that checked us in was friendly and wished me luck when she found out why we were in town. I traveled with my husband and son, and we had reserved a double-queen room.

I was surprised at the room based on the rate ($89/night). I expected something compact and simple. Instead, when we opened the door, we immediately walked into a wide open living space. There was a large TV, couch and love seat, and small kitchen area with a sink, fridge, and cabinets. There was a double-wide closet with full length mirrors.

The bedroom area had it's own door for privacy. That space was as large as the living room and also contained a TV and large wall mirror. Tons of lighting as well. Between the living room and bedroom was a great bathroom. Full length counter and mirrors and shower/tub combo. Not cramped at all. Two people could comfortable change clothes and get ready in there if needed. Everything was immaculately clean.

Check out was a breeze. Because of the race, we were leaving before 5AM. The front desk was staffed and pulled up our info right away. We were even offered complimentary coffee and juice before we left. It was too early for the regular breakfast to be out.

Bottom line: cost effective, spacious and clean rooms, friendly staff. It was perfect for our overnight stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Monica K
HIExpressNorfolk, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Thank you for your all your compliments, Monica. We are glad to have been able to provide you with a comfortable stay before your half marathon. We strive to not only provide our guests with a great value, but highest level of accommodation for guests on the go. As a suite hotel, we try to give you a home-away-from-home feel no matter how long you stay with us. We hope you choose us again the next time something brings you our area.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

I travel for business a great deal and have stayed in several hotels in this area for extended periods of time. The hotel was recommended to me by a friend and it has become my favorite place to stay in the Norfolk area. It is convient to resturants and shopping and easy to get to the places that I work, on a daily basis. The staff goes out of their way to accomadate the guest and the housekeeping has always done a wonderful job. I have stayed in this hotel for nearly 60 days in the last 4 months and the service has been consistant.

Room Tip: Take a room on the side away from Military highway to stay away from traffic noise
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Travis D

Mr. Travis, we are glad to be your home away from home when you are in Hampton Roads. We do our best to offer outstanding service to our extended stay guests. One of our best features, in many people’s opinions, is our proximity to multiple fast food and casual dining restaurants, a café, drug store, and grocer. This can really be great for guests that are on the road a lot. We thank you for the
compliments, and invite you back the next time you end up in Norfolk.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

By far the best service I've had since being on the road. I travel the country for work, stay in hotel after hotel, after hotel. I've stayed anywhere from the Holiday Inn Express's, to the Hampton's, to the Red Roof's, and everything in between. I've never had a more attentive person working the service desk, ever. The room was great, the only thing I'm picky about are my beds, and this place had as comfortable a bed as you'll find anywhere (back home I have a pillow top memory foam mattress, trust me, I know beds). The spacious living room area with the extra flat screen tv was pure bonus! My only knock, I was only in town for one night... Wish I could of stayed a week or longer. Thank you HIE - Norfolk. Hope to see you soon!

Room Tip: I would imagine any, personally I stayed on the 5th floor, there were two queens and a pull out mattress/couch in the living room (which didnt get used).
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul S

Paul, we are happy to have given you a great experience the night you were in Norfolk. Here at Holiday Inn Express Norfolk Airport, we really to try to stand out from the competition, and as a result we have many returning guests. As a newer hotel, we hope to really impress our guests with our beds and furnishings. We are glad to hear that you would like to stay with us more than one night – many of our guests do! We hope to have you back the next time you are in town.