“hotel stay & food service”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Norfolk, Virginia
“hotel stay & food service”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

My name is A.E. Walker. My stay at the Norfolk hotel was very positive. First, I found the room to be very clean and fully stocked,(clean linens,toiletries and other ammenities. Front desk service was very courteous. Dru, Damion Nena and Jackie are to be complimented on their friendliness and willingness to help in any way.I was assisted with several requests in an expedient manner and with complete courtesy. Secondly, the food service was very good. The variety of choices were excellent. Thirdly, but most important to me and my family is that the hotel in Norfolk still is not pet friendly. As long as it remains not pet friendly,I will continue to stay at the hotel and to reccommend it to my family.

Room Tip: I prefer the room with the double queens. I also prefer the second floor not too far from the elevat...
1 Thank A Elizabeth W
HIExpressNorfolk, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Hello Mrs. Walker!

It's always good to hear from our frequent stayers! I'm glad you
enjoyed the customer service that was provided by our staff. As you know,
Guest Satisfaction is our priority and we stay dedicated towards that! We
are a non-pet friendly hotel and have always been. We look forward to
seeing you and your family in the next couple of months! Thank You!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Minnesota
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed at this property mid-November and were extremely pleased. Very clean property-- only 2 years old. Staff were very helpful and friendly and it was a good value. Highly recommend this hotel!!

1 Thank MNprobie
HIExpressNorfolk, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Thank You, MNprobie!

We're always happy to read comments from our guests! Guest
satisfaction and cleanliness are a must and we thrive at exceeding expectations in
these fields. We are a brand new property that's barely 2 years old!
All of our rooms are suites and we're just 2.5 miles away from the
Norfolk International Airport! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and
am looking forward for your next visit!
Thank you once again!
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I travel for business nearly every week and this hotel was one of the nicest Holiday Inn Express hotels that I've stayed at. Two years old, large suites, quiet room and very nice desk clerks and managers. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I think all of their rooms are suites.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Travelsonthejob
Hello, Travelsonthejob!

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment! We are a
brand new hotel build a little over 2 years ago. We are an all-suite
hotel that has a hot brekfast included in the rate. I'm happy
that you were pleased with our staff and management! Thank you for
recommending our hotel and if you're every back in our area, we look
forward to providing the same hospitality as we did in the past.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I don't normally go after a chain hotel when booking, I prefer a quirkier hotel.
But we were in town to help our daughter after surgery and any amount of rest we could get was appreciated.
This hotel was quiet, easy to access, had a shuttle to & from the airport.
The staff was pleasant and unobstrusive.
I was impressed.
If I could request any small change, it would be to lower the price of the breakfast buffet. There is no way in this world I can eat enough to justify a $13 breakfast. And that's the one meal I can really pack away.
But in every other respect- kudos.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does NOT face Military Highway- for some reason, motorcyclists think it's a...
1 Thank traveljunky88
haymarket
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Our family of four stayed in a suite and had a good time. Plenty of room for us. Comfortable beds, nice bathroom and shower, bedroom was quiet (you heard a lot of hallway traffic in front area), lots of outlets. I didn't like that a/c turned off on its own when it sensed no one was in room. Woke up hot several times. Hotel in good area - near restaurants, shopping, gas stations, and Starbucks. We thought breakfast was good. Would stay here again.

USA
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Booked this hotel while driving down to Norfolk. Check in was fast and staff very helpful and friendly. We had just got into the room and were sitting down when another guest (who had been checking in at the same time) opened the door. The front desk called up and apologized and knocked $25 off the bill.
The room was in excellent condition and spotless. Both queen beds were very comfortable and the separate living room was very good too. Bathroom very clean and well appointed.
Breakfast choice was good and they even have a pancake machine.
Very restful overnight stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Stayed here again recently for 4 nights using Priority Club points. This hotel is in a commercial/retail area and not for someone who wishes a nice view from the windows. It is close to restaurants and shopping and right next to a Walgreen's if you need it. What is impressive is how well maintained it is. My room was on the top (5th) floor and was spacious with separate living room and bedroom. There was not a single stain or dirt mark on the carpet, not one blemish on the furnishings nor one scratch or mark on the walls. The housekeeping staff did not miss one item on any of the four days and kept the place sparkling clean and dust free. No, it is not a 4 or 5 star hotel but it is certainly maintained as well as many in that class and better than some. I also wanted to mention that there are two flat screen televisions with a ton of channels to choose from - some of them HD. I will definitely choose to stay here again next time I am in the Norfolk area.

Room Tip: Clean, quiet and well located to Norfolk airport as well as the I-64/I-264 corridor.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo