“Good food but average service”

Press 626 Cafe and Wine Bar
Ranked #20 of 721 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife and I recently dined at Press 626, and while our meals were very good, I was less than impressed with the service.

Our reservation was fairly early in the evening, and there were just a few other guests in the restaurant. Even so, it seemed to take longer than I would have expected to have our waiter come to our table. I'm not sure what the reason was, but we started with one waiter and wound up with a different one. Neither were particularly engaging, and I felt like we were imposing on them when asking questions about the menu and the wines.

I suppose it was because the restaurant wasn't very busy, but there was a lot of standing around and talking going on with the bar staff and wait staff. It was loud enough that it was distracting to our conversation.

Our meals were very good, however, and the restaurant itself is very nice. I would recommend it, but be aware that the service may be less than stellar.

1  Thank rjrhodes
There are newer reviews for Press 626 Cafe and Wine Bar

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

The food was delicious. I got the veggie press. It was so good, everything tasted to fresh. My boyfriend and I both got glasses of wine which we both enjoyed. The sever was good, but in such a small place it would expect a little more friendlier service. Nothing was wrong, I just expected a little more. Cute atmosphere and overall everything was good. We would def go back again.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The food is great. Took the entire family, young to old enjoyed. The staffwas very helpful. The grilled cheese is indeed great. Try the hippy chic you will be pleased.

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We had the grilled cheese, the salmon BLT, tomatoe soup, and du jour soup of the day. Amazing food! Definitely worth the price and a beautiful electric atmosphere. Definitely would return. We went on a Thursday at 3pm... very quiet.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Known for their coffee you won't want to miss it. We went for brunch and we loved it. A little local flair, relaxed atmosphere, really good service. Includes vegan and vegetarian options.

1  Thank Debra E