“Mixed Signals”

Reserve a Table
Sun, 10/20
8:00 PM
Ranked #1 of 896 Restaurants in Norfolk
Description: A street level seafood restaurant in Downtown Norfolk, Saltine offers a chic, airy space for diners to savor seasonal shellfish, seafood and spirits. Enhancing the locally-sourced menu, the restaurant's black distressed millwork, old-world detailing, and mosaic tile floors blend historical authenticity with modern elegance that flows from the dining space to the bar.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were meeting friends for dinner and when they were late we got concerned. We finally reached then and they forgot! Christi, our waitress, was very supportive and took good care of us. We ordered dinner and enjoyed the relaxed, casual atmosphere. My husband ordered the diver scallops which came with Boursin risotto. It was cooked to perfection. I had bronzed rock fish with yummy sweet potato wedges and succotash. Christi checked on us frequently and kept our water glasses filled. All in all, it turned out to be a very pleasant evening.

Saltine is one of several restaurants in the The Main, a new hotel in downtown Norfolk. The atmosphere was casual and lively, but the prices were high.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (861)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Me and my wife had wonderful time at saltine! Food was delicious and service excellent. Our server Amanda did great job. She was professional at her service definitely recommended that place and Amanda!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and our daughter celebrate birthday dinner and Amanda was our server! She was very attentive, friendly and fun. Our daughter fall in love with her when she deliver special dessert and my daughter could smash it! Loved it!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a great experience Saturday evening thanks to Amanda. She made floral designs out of sauce for the Orb dessert which was simply fantastic! I highly recommend Saltine simply because of Amanda's great service.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A buddy of mine and I had dinner at Saltine while attending a conference last week.
We had a great time with our server,Ellise, and a terrific dinner of Seared Diver Scallops and Fresh Catch Bronzed Corvina, both were her recommendations. Spot on,Ellise!
Mango Kart, on tap, and an Old Fashioned were perfect pairings with dinner; recommended by Ellise again after asking what our preferences were. Ellisse was personable, professional and funny which we both found refreshing after being cooped up in a room all day. She even walked me most of the way to the restrooms to make sure I had no problems finding my way! You do not see that kind of service anywhere these days.
My napkin was replaced with a new one, neatly folded, when I got back to the table! We both hung out at our table for awhile after settling our bill just to see how Ellise related to her other guests. Were we just a special couple of guys?
We were not! Ellise had all her tables smiling and happy from where we sat. I have been a server in college and that's a hard thing to do!
When we are in the area again, we'll definitely ask for Ellise and try her recommendation of carrot cake for dessert. Thank you, Ellise, you are great!

2  Thank DStoneman89