“Fantastic dinner and drinks!”
Review of Saltine

Saltine
Reserve a Table
Mon, 10/14
8:00 PM
Ranked #1 of 895 Restaurants in Norfolk
Description: A street level seafood restaurant in Downtown Norfolk, Saltine offers a chic, airy space for diners to savor seasonal shellfish, seafood and spirits. Enhancing the locally-sourced menu, the restaurant's black distressed millwork, old-world detailing, and mosaic tile floors blend historical authenticity with modern elegance that flows from the dining space to the bar.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I had a really great experience at Saltine last night. Everything was top notch and we could not have lucked out and had a better waitress than Nichole.We started with the crab toast and I almost ordered a second serving but I didn't want to spoil my appetite. Good thing too because my Bronzinie was fantastic and my wife thoroughly enjoyed the snapper.The drinks were very tasty with funny whimsical names like, Empty hotel by the sea and Clouds over Peru. I highly recommend this establishment for the excellent food and really great service.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (860)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Sad to say but this was not our greatest meal while visiting Norfolk. My husband had the she crab soup which was good and 18 oysters as a main course. I had a 1 1/2 lbs. lobster and changed my two sides for a $4 up charge. After 30 plus minutes of waiting for food we finally asked for bread. My lobster finally arrived but sadly was cold and over cooked as well as my sides, mashed potatoes and Brussel sprouts, that were stone cold. We didn't say anything but decided to skip dessert. The waitress was wonderful but after spending $178 on cold food it would not be a place I'd soon go back to. Just plain disappointing! I've been to many of area's #1 restuarants but this seemed to fall way short of #1.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

After a long day it was nice to go out with our family and have a great dinner at Saltine! The atmosphere was nice and our server Bianca took great care of us. Great recommendations from Whitney also who happened to bring us our cocktails. Loved the fresh oysters Shanikqua shucked for us. We will definitely be back

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From start to finish everything was amazing. My boyfriend and I took his parents out to dinner to show them the best seafood in Norfolk. At the host stand Annie greeted us with a glorious smile, and heather gave us the best recommendations on food. Mark the mixologist stopped by to talk about cocktails, and Amanda and Elle made sure everything was perfect. Eric made sure our water was always full, and Bruce made sure we enjoyed everything. Bianca did an amazing job with the ORB, From the fantastic manager Mike to everyone else it was an AMAZING experience that I couldn’t recommend anything else that could be better. Thank you all!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went to saltine for some drinks and food.
And I end up having the best service of my life by this amazing service Danielle. I wish we could have this kind of service back home in Miami is just amazing thanks Danielle

1  Thank Coronel3001