Best Western Plus Holiday Sands Inn & Suites
$119
$143
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsocean viewchesapeake baybeach accesssmall kitchenfull kitchenclean roomsfamily vacationwould stay here againva beachthe breakfast areafree breakfaststaff was very friendly and helpfulgreat roomone night staynice staynorfolk areabalcony
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Nice bay front area. There were lots of options for breakfast but the room was tiny and hard to move around. The breakfast attendant worked hard to keep up. The air conditioner so loud we had to turn it off to hear the tv and to sleep. The mattress was horrible, we could feel the springs and there was no support. My husband and I rolled to the middle each night .Between these two issues we didn't have a good nights sleep for tour nights.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWHSIS, General Manager at Best Western Plus Holiday Sands Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for taking a few moments to let us know about your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast; our breakfast attendants pride themselves with making sure fresh food is stocked on the breakfast bar. I am disappointed to hear that your stay was not enjoyable due to a loud A/C unit, and an uncomfortable bed. We are constantly replacing beds, furnishings, A/C units, that do not meet our guests needs, so I hope if you ever are in the area again that you decide to give us another try.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I live in Virginia Beach and my friend and her 18 month old boy were visiting from New Jersey. I chose this hotel for my "staycation." The room was clean and modern. The housekeeping staff was very respectful and cleaned the room without moving around all of the baby's things. The bayside beach was sandy, and the surf was gentle enough for my friend's baby to play in the waves. Great location on Ocean View, convenient to Shore Dr restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Due to the nature of the bay not having the same currents and heavy wave action as the ocean does, it does make for a wonderful place relaxing place for young ones to play. Our housekeeping staff also tries their very best to make sure rooms are cleaned beyond our guests' expectations while at the same time, not disrupting their stay by moving around their belongings.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

only stayed one night some of the cleaners where not that friendly, the tub did not drain all that well and there was someones hair on the shower curtain (not a big deal for me) rest of room was clean. would stay here again if price was right, breakfast was good and grounds where nice.

Room Tip: had room 223 with beach view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us, and are glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable. I hope that my staff was able to take care of the issues that you had in a timely manner from when you reported them. As far as your experience with unfriendly housekeepers, that is completely unacceptable and I have had a meeting with not only the housekeeping staff, but all of the staff to refresh them making sure they make each and every guest feel welcome and important.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Great place to stay on the bay! We were there to visit our son who is stationed at the Norfolk Naval Base. We had to drive a little further but it was worth it to be on the water. We had a bay front room with balcony. As "suggested" in the hotel material we completed card to have room cleaned daily and put sign on bed to be "green" that there was no need to change the sheets.The first day our room was cleaned, garbage emptied, beds made and new towels left. Second day we came back from the beach midday to find room had not been touched. Upon returning after dinner found beds half made, garbage not emptied, wet towels still on the bathroom floor and no new towels left. Advised front desk, had to empty our own garbage and take towels to office and retrieve clean ones. Upon check out spoke to Joe and housekeeping manager to make sure the right person received the tip. Most of the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Even with the small problem we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Being part of a military area, we know how difficult it is sometimes with all that is going on for military families to be able to get together and spend time with each other, and we are glad that you chose us to stay with while you had a chance to visit with your son. I would like to apologize about your room not being cleaned. Along with the tip money to distribute, Joe did bring to my attention your situation and I am working with the executive housekeeper to come up with a new process of inspecting rooms more thoroughly to prevent situations like this from happening in the future. Next time you find your way out to our area, you will have a much better housekeeping experience.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

When we went to check-in, we were greeted by a gentlemen named David with "Is that dog going to have an accident in here?". No "Hello, how are you" or anything of that sort. I understand the concern for a puppy possibly having an accident, but by no means should that be the first thing you say to first time customers. It gaves us a horrible first impression of the hotel, and we were not too excited about our stay. Then we spoke to Tamisha who was the nicest, most helpful individual within the estabilishment. She made us feel comfortable and at home. They need to treat this woman like gold, she has extraordinary customer service skills.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am terribly sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience from the second you walked in the door, our entire staff takes great pride in making all of our guests feel welcome and like they are at home, and your situation was definitely not the norm for us. I have had a meeting with not only the front desk staffer that made the comment, but the entire staff reiterating the standards of customer care that we like to offer on our property.