Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
All reviewsthe club loungecity dockself parkvalet parkuss wisconsinbeds were very comfortabledowntown areaoatmealwaterfrontshipyardshipsnauticusreunion
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Yes, right on the waterfront, but very quiet at night, at least on the weekend; a noisy party boat turned off the disco at 11 p.m. The views are worth it, although the balconies are pretty shallow and the railing is solid and high, so a chair outside will get the sun but you can't see the view. Still, a comfortable bed, good linens and towels, and very friendly service. I was there for a wedding held at the hotel and they kept things well-staffed and frequently refilled.

Valet parking is currently $22 a night, but the alternative is a do-it-yourself garage off-premises and it, too, isn't really inexpensive. Coming back at night after dinner, I was glad I used the valets (who were all really nice guys).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel. It was an honor to have you as our guest during such a special occasion. We are glad to know that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, especially our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds, which have become a favorite amenity among our guests. We will pass your kind remarks along to our valet team, as they are always happy to receive such kind feedback from our guests. No matter the occasion, we hope you'll visit with us again.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice upscale hotel on the water. We were on the upgrade floor and were able to enjoy the club room with Starbucks coffee, expresso/latte machine, evening snacks and great breakfast - room was great - view was perfect- bed comfortable ... My only small complaint - just wish we had a fridge - brought back leftovers from dinner thinking we had one - but no such luck. The staff were all wonderful, helpful, and extra friendly.

• Stayed: September 2013

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed our Club Lounge and upgraded amenities. The views can be simply stunning from the 10th floor! For a future visit, please keep in mind that refrigerators are available at a nominal fee. Thank you.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Spent three nights in this great hotel. Booked a harbor-view room on an upper floor and was given the keys to a marvelous room. The views from the window were stunning. Then, I learned that there were rooms with balconies and asked for an upgrade. The desk staff found a room on the same floor and changed our accommodations with no upgrade charge.
The staff at this hotel is professional, helpful and always pleasant.
The lounge on our floor had a 2-hour happy hour with free appetizers and cost alcohol drinks each night, and a continental breakfast each morning.
This Sheraton is steps away from the paddle-wheel ferry to Portsmouth, short blocks away from the marine museum, USS Wisconsin, and MacArthur Memorial. Granby street, with its variety of watering places and restaurants, is an easy walk.
This is the place to stay in Norfolk.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms give a great view of an important port harbor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ontheroadagain09_9
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are truly pleased to learn that you enjoyed so many aspects of your trip, from our Sheraton Social Hour to our convenient location to the waterfront attractions and restaurants. Our staff is always pleased to accommodate the requests of our guests and we're thrilled that you were able to enjoy a room with a balcony during your visit. We hope you'll think of the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

My wife and I had a couple friends who we spending their wedding night at the Sheraton Waterside recently. We live in Norfolk and thought it would be nice to take some snacks and champagne, and have the hotel staff leave it for a surprise. We dropped it off at the hotel before our friends arrived and the front desk staff assured us they would put it in their room.

As it turned out, they never received it - it wasn't in their room, it wasn't given to them when they checked in or when they checked out. I called, after they had checked out, and asked to speak with the front desk manager. English is not her first language and we had problems understanding each other. She took my info and, without once apologizing, said she would call me back. They tracked down the bag and said I could come pick it up.

This is the second bad experience I've had with this hotel. At least this time I wasn't a guest. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ollie-norfolk

On behalf of our staff, I'd like to extend my heartfelt apologies for this unfortunate oversight. It is unclear at this time why your gift was never delivered. We are disappointed that our staff missed a key opportunity to deliver exceptional service and restore your faith in our hotel. We will pass your review along to the appropriate departments to ensure that this does not occur again. Thank you.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I come here at least once a month and look forward to it. Pleasant staff and always hope for a room on the water- beautiful view of the shipyard on the water. Bit of a drive from the airport but well worth it, lots to do within walking distance. They checked me into a room where someone was already staying, not a big deal accidents happen. So I went to the front desk to let her know and she was so helpful. She apologized profusely and upgraded me to the top floor with water view and balcony. Gave me coupons for drinks at the bar on the ground level, coupons for breakfast the next morning and access to the bar for club members only on the top floor. So helpful for the mistake!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

As a loyal guest, we are happy that you have reached out and shared your impressions of our property. We'd like to apologize once again for any inconveniences during your trip. Your patience and understanding at this time is greatly appreciated. We are pleased to know that our staff could immediately rectify the situation with an upgrade to one of our Harbor View Rooms. We hope you'll continue to stay with us at the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, as it's always a pleasure to welcome you!