Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel
$134
SpringHill Suites
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $157/night.

$149
$119
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $188/night.

$116
  • Pool
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $178/night.

$126
$140
  • Pool
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $178/night.

$150
$144
BestWestern.com
All reviewsthe club loungecity dockself parkvalet parkuss wisconsinbeds were very comfortablelate checkdowntown areafitness centerwaterfrontshipyardshipsnauticusreunion
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed 2 nights and had a great room overlooking the harbour, you can easily walk downtown to restaurants and the Nautilus attraction. While the hotel is a little dated, rooms were comfortable and well appointed

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GClife
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

It’s wonderful to learn that our convenient location worked out so well for your visit. After exploring our surrounding area, it was our pleasure to provide you with a comfortable setting to rest your feet. Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your two-night getaway and we hope to welcome you back soon to the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

After a night like this one......I am strongly considering ending my decade long relationship as a Diamond member with Hyatt. The hotel was in a great location, with plenty to do in the surrounding Granby St. location of food and fun. The staff at the hotel was absolutely awesome from the gentleman who checked me in (I feel bad I forgot his name, as he suggested I join SPG as well as so many places to eat) The hotel parking situation was alittle chaotic as well as the excessive noise from all the drunks staying there for a football game day event but that's not the hotel's fault people can't control themselves with liquid courage running through there veins. Rusty at the lobby bar is awesome, such a friendly and sweet woman!! My hat comes off to the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside....GREAT JOB GUYS!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mrjid1301

Thank you for sharing your glowing review! It truly warms our heart to read a guest review such as yours and we’ll certainly pass along your kind comments to our staff. We hope any noise disruptions that you experienced were minimal during your stay. We greatly appreciate your feedback and we hope next time you’ll notify us immediately with any concerns so we can create the best possible experience for everyone. Thank you and we hope we get the pleasure to welcome you back to the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I've found lately that Sheratons are a interesting bunch..some hits and some misses, and not too much consistency in the brand as you get with some chains.
This Sheraton was right in the middle.
Pros- Nice pool, and loved the flowers/plants around the pool. On that note the grounds were very nice, and loved the fact it was on the river (hence the Waterside name of their hotel).
Breakfast was good, but pricey!!
Cons- The room was a little run down, and the towels- OUCH!, super rough.
Parking was a bit strange...garage a hike down the road, or take the more scenic river path to get there. Either way not one I'd want my parents doing at night- didn't feel super safe.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lovetotravel001_9
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for sharing your review with us, as we always value the feedback that we receive from our guests. We truly apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced with our bath amenities and services. Our guests’ safety is always our primary concern and we’re most proud of our hotel security and local police force that ensures a secure environment for our guests. However, it is never our intention for our guests to feel anything less than comfortable in all areas of their stay so please keep in mind that valet parking is always an available option. Thank you and we hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I had to change my reservation at last minute the front desk manager not only changed it but upgraded me to a suite ..I am a platinum member of Starwood but it is still nice when the staff is nice about things.
I also had my choice of suites and the front desk employee help guide me.
Cheers to this hotel
Thanks

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Darryl M

We greatly appreciate your kind comments regarding the customer service that you received. It’s always a pleasure to be able to accommodate the requests of our guests and we’re delighted that you enjoyed your suite upgrade. As a SPG Platinum Member, thank you for your feedback and we hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have stayed here for business several times now. I try and stay at a hotel 3 times before I submit reviews. Rooms are small but nice. Good flat screen TV's, super comfortable beds and pillows, and delicious Starbucks coffee. On a coffee note, they only provide flavored creamer, which I find gross. It always makes me a little mad that I have to go without creamer when I stay here. Regular cream should always be an option!!
Anyway, the rooms are small, some of them have very nice views of the water. The bathrooms are ridiculously small, you have to juggle with the door to get into the shower and use the toilet. The walls or the doors are really thin, you will hear each and every noise in the hallway and the rooms on each side of you.
WiFi - crazy expensive. I have no idea why hotels still charge for this. I know they offer it free in the lobby, but I don't want to sit in the lobby in my pajamas. And the last thing I want after a long day at work is to stay in my clothes to check up on emails.
Dinner in the restaurant.... Avoid it. I ordered a simple crab macaroni and cheese. It was all breadcrumbs. I'm not kidding. There were only a few noodles, and some shredded crab. Great flavor, but there was about an inch of breadcrumbs. My co-worker and I both ordered it, and were very disappointed, and we both left starving. And it was $18!!!!! The service was terribly slow too. There are lots of restaurants in walking distance, I recommend patronizing them instead.
Front desk is hit and miss. They are never beyond cordial.
Fitness center is great!!! Lots of great equipment. Pool is also nice, but tends to be very crowded.

Room Tip: Ask for a waterfront view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. As a loyal business guest, your feedback is more than appreciated. For any inconveniences that you experienced with our services, we apologize. It is never our intention for our guests to receive anything less than a comfortable stay and we truly regret if your experience didn’t match the high standards that we strive to achieve. We’d like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding our coffee creamer and can assure you that all of the feedback that you’ve provided will be taken into consideration. We regret if any noise disruptions prevented you from receiving the peaceful night’s rest that you deserve. We hope we get another opportunity to welcome you back, as we’re certain that our staff can help find the perfect accommodations to fit your needs.