Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
All reviewsthe club loungecity dockself parkvalet parkuss wisconsinbeds were very comfortabledowntown areaoatmealwaterfrontshipyardshipsnauticusreunion
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My vacation destination was Norfolk VA about 3hrs from home. My girls and I was more than welcomed at the Sheraton.The front desk was very nice and helpful.Our room was very clean.We ate at the City Dock Restautant which was great.The hotel is walking distance to downtown Norfolk and the USS WISCONSIN (one big ship).We also enjoyed just a short drive to VA Beach thats about 20 mins away.There is so much to do.So if your on a vacation or on business check out the Sheraton Waterside.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank melucky
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for choosing us for your Norfolk vacation! We're glad that you had the opportunity to explore so much during your visit, as the USS Wisconsin is certainly a must-see when in the area. We greatly appreciate that you would recommend the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel to both business travelers and those on vacation and hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel has bedbugs. Yes, BEDBUGS! My family stayed in this hotel the first weekend in August. We saw one bug in our five year old child's bed in the morning. At first, the hotel tried to side step admitting this was a real bedbug and, having never seen one before, we really didn't know. But, both the hotel and the Health Department have since confirmed that the bug was, in fact, a bedbug and that extermination on the 9th floor followed our stay. Something an employee accidentally said in my presence made me suspicious that bedbugs have been an issue at this hotel for at least a month preceeding our stay--maybe not, I don't know. While I am sure the GM will quickly point out that our room and breakfast were comped, which they were, we were not treated well. A maintenance person came to view the bug and demanded to know when we were leaving so he could "strip the room." We were told we would be moved to shower in a different room and, when I asked/begged, that we would be provided with plastic bags for our things. I waited, nothing came. I had to leave without even a plastic bag for our suitcases. I am terrified that we will have an infestation in our home. My small child has bites on his stomach and I have bites on my ankles. My suitcases are ruined. I've actually had a few nightmares that bugs are crawling on me.

Looking past the bedbug issue, I've stayed here on business once or twice a year in the past, and this last stay was the worst conditions I've ever seen at this hotel. It was packed with people. The common areas were filthy. Our room service breakfast was not what we actually ordered and cold. I could go on.

I'm not sure what has happened to this place, but I'll never go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank GoHoos96
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

First, we'd like to thank you for reaching out to us and for sharing your perspective. We strive to ensure that the valued time spent here by our guests exceeds their expectations and deeply regret that this was not the case for your stay. I can assure you that when an isolated incident such as this occurs, it is taken very seriously by all members of our staff. After a report is made, we have strict protocols set in place that are quickly implemented to verify any concerns. In the result where further action is required, the area remains unavailable to any guest until fully cleared by a third party. After your incident, a thorough and professional examination was performed and we were given a clean bill of health by the City Health Department, as well as a high rating for cleanliness. Our guests' comfort is a primary concern and we will continue to coach our staff to make sure that each of our guests are always well taken care of at all times, especially through any disquieting circumstances. We can understand any frustrations that you may have felt and sincerely apologize for any inconveniences or discomfort that resulted. I would like to once again assure you that the problem has since been resolved and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your point of view. Thank you.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I recently stayed at the hotel this weekend for relaxtion and I got anything but! I stayed on the 10th floor which I was excited about because of the amenities it included, such as a continental breakfast and a cocktail hour. I stayed in a room with a view of the Elizabeth River which was very nice. The bed was extremely comfortable and i loved the shower! Unfortunately I was near a room, the hospitality suite I believe, and the patrons who were in that room partied for the two days I was there. It was 11pm and people were yelling and laughing and running up and down the halls. I called the front desk to see when the party would be over and she replied, "O that's not gonna be over for a while". Needless to say, it lasted to well over one am and the same went for Sat night. I know that it is not the hotel's fault and how their patrons act, but I do believe it is the responsibility of how the hotel staff handles such incidences. I would recommend this hotel if you would like to have some type of social event, but I do not recommend it for relaxation. I probably wont be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

We're grateful that you've taken the time to share your recent experience with us though it's truly disappointing to learn that you did not receive the relaxing getaway that you had hoped. Dealing with noise disruptions during a visit can be frustrating and I regret that our staff didn't immediately resolve the issue, as this isn't the high quality customer service we wish to provide. Since we always want to ensure that each and every one of our guests receive an enjoyable stay, your comments will be passed along to our staff. We truly appreciate you bringing this to our attention and hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back again. Thank you.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

This is a nice hotel in downtown Norfolk. There is a mall next door with a few restaurants and it is right on the water overlooking a navel yard. When we checked in I asked to be put on the executive level because there was a huge family reunion and I thought there would be a lot of noise in the hallways at night. Unfortunately as soon as we unpacked a dog started barking and whining! I couldn't believe it! The staff was great though, they were right on it and I am guessing they made the people move to one of the pet floors because we didn't hear it at night.
I would stay again. Downtown Norfolk is fun and this is a great location.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dcbates
SheratonNorfolk, General Manager at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

I couldn't agree more, downtown Norfolk is a fun place to explore and it's always exciting to offer our guests a convenient location to it all. We appreciate you sharing your review, as we're glad that our staff was able to quickly resolve any noise disruptions that may have impacted your stay with us. We couldn't be happier that your recent stay has inspired a return visit and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel. Thank you.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed here before heading on a cruise. We were upgraded to a suite which was great. The rooms were clean with fine admenities. The resaturant overlooked the water and was a great expereince. Nice pool area. The breakfast was either a buffett (OK) or from the menu. This was a great location righ next to HarborPlace whcih had some name restaurants (Outback, Joe's Crab Shack) however very little shopping. It is walking distance to the crusie terminal. If they would have let us leave the car there would have been worth rollingour bags the couple blocks instead of waiting to drop off and park.

Room Tip: 1st Floor overlooking pool
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us before your cruise, as it's great that you enjoyed our services and convenient location to the local restaurants. We'd love the opportunity to welcome you back to direct you to all of the upscale shopping and unique boutiques located just steps from the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel.