I am not someone who normally complains about rooms and such. You normally get what you pay for, but this room wasn't cheap! We paid for our room ahead of time, booking a King room. Upon arrival they insisted that they did not have any Kings available and we would have to settle for a Double room! We insisted on what we paid for. They somehow found a King room--The first room was dirty, as in not cleaned from previous guest...hair and dirt in tub, old towels and key cards. The second room not much better, discovering no towels after getting in the shower. They said they were bringing them right away and never did until hubby walked down to front desk to again ask for them again. We had to ask for the lights to be turned on in the pool area. The indoor pool was FREEZING and smelled. The board in pool area indicated the levels/temp/chemicals/etc had not been checked/updated in 4 days. There were no towels in pool area, and after asking front desk for towels to be restocked, they brought two towels with approximately 10 ppl in there. They said they were giving us dinner, but instead gave us vouchers for appetizers. WILL NOT BE BACK!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport. Located in the heart of Hampton Roads, this DoubleTree property features complimentary shuttle service to and from Norfolk International Airport. This hotel’s prime location off I-64 offers guests easy access to local attractions from the Norfolk Naval Base to the Virginia Beach oceanfront.Our newly renovated hotel features all of the comforts you expect with DoubleTree. Indulge in our signature DoubleTree cookie when you arrive, make yourself at home in one of our comfortable, stylish guest rooms, check emails with the complimentary WiFi, and settle in for a great night’s rest in our Sweet Dreams bedding. Enjoy the convenience of being just a quick drive from major military installations including Norfolk Naval Base, Little Creek Amphibious Base, and Portsmouth Naval Shipyard. In addition, our corporate partners nearby include CMA CGM, Zim American Shipping, Wellpoint, Virginia Oncology, and Sentara Norfolk General Hospital.Visit our onsite restaurant, Max & Erma’s for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Or opt to order room service and dine in the comfort of your own guestroom. If you are looking for a site to host your next meeting or social event, consider the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport. Our elegant banquet space can accommodate up to 300 guests in the Commonwealth Ballroom or 120 guests for a more intimate setting in the Willoughby Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Norfolk Airport Hotel Norfolk
- Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport
- Norfolk Hilton