Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport
$148
$129
$125
  • Pool
All reviewsindoor poolcontinental breakfast buffetroom was cleanreal scrambled eggssausage linkspark and flychoice hotelsvirginia beacha king size bedbreakfast areagood nights sleepnight staylate at nightdecent hotelnice place to staystaying at this hotelfree internet
Reviewed September 3, 2008

The room was ok, a bit drab; too much brown. The bed was comfortable and the locks secure so in that manner, everything was good. I was however, quite disturbed to see that this hotel has its own on-site police!! I was curious as to why an officer was sitting in the lobby our first night there but I thought he was just stopping through. However, when I woke up the next morning and went out to walk my dogs, there was another one sitting in the same place. Outside sat an SUV with Sleep Inn Quality Inn Lake Wright Police written on it. Now, I have to wonder what has gone on at that hotel that it is necessary to have a officer permanently on-site!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2008

I stayed in Norfolk for a business trip and was up all night because I could hear everything that was going on around me because the walls were so thin. I was looking forward to the continental breakfast, but unfortunately I went to go get some cereal and poured the milk and the milk was sour! These are my only 2 complaints, but when you need a good night's sleep and a nice breakfast for a long meeting ahead of you, these 2 things are pretty bad!
Also, the hotel room was small, but I wasn't too surprised about this.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2008

We wanted a quick getaway to Virginia Beach and didn't want to board the dogs. This hotel is dog friendly and close to everything you could want to do in the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area. Unlike some pet friendly hotels, you don't get stuck in a sub-standard room that smells of cigarette smoke on the bottom floor next to the ice machine and the pool. The room was very basic Sleep Inn (no bathtub, microwave or fridge) but is was clean and comfortable. Lobby has a nice little lounge area and a hot breakfast is available for $5.00. There is on site security and lots of room outside for the dogs to run. Good value!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cat-6
Reviewed November 8, 2007

If you're looking for a low-priced stay in Norfolk, conveniently located and good clean hotel, this is the place. Close to highways, a few minutes from the airport, good clean rooms. On the same premises with the Quality Suites ($20 more), so there is a small bar and restaurant on site. We're not talking gourmet here, just a decent convenient place to eat if you get in late or have somewhere else to run off to. Otherwise, you have to drive a bit for a regular, not fast food restaurant. Everything was clean, though not necessarily new. Beds looked lumpy but didn't feel that way. Hotel entryways are pretty secure. Breakfast was typical wheat-fest so I bring my own gluten-free food. Otherwise for $5, you can have a hot cooked breakfast at the Quality Suites. Everything went well except that I asked for a second floor room and wound up on the first floor.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank civil-warrior
Reviewed February 11, 2007

We only stayed here one night, but was happy with our stay. We arrived in the area at 11:30am and decided to go to hotel to ask for early check-in. We were in our room by 12pm. The next day we needed a late check out and we got that also. We checked out at 2pm. Very happy with check-in & check-out.

The room was clean. The light bulb was out in the shower area so before we left for the afternoon I informed the front desk and upon return later in the evening it was taken care of and we had light.

The room walls are very thin, and I did hear noise from other guests. Nothing that bothered us. I Just wanted to make note of it as other reviewers have also mentioned this.

The continental breakfast was fine. The breakfast area was clean and seemed to be replenished as items disappeared. Coffee was good!

This hotel satisified our needs during this trip.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business