“Won't be back ...”

Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Manassas, VA
“Won't be back ...”
Reviewed September 3, 2008

The room was ok, a bit drab; too much brown. The bed was comfortable and the locks secure so in that manner, everything was good. I was however, quite disturbed to see that this hotel has its own on-site police!! I was curious as to why an officer was sitting in the lobby our first night there but I thought he was just stopping through. However, when I woke up the next morning and went out to walk my dogs, there was another one sitting in the same place. Outside sat an SUV with Sleep Inn Quality Inn Lake Wright Police written on it. Now, I have to wonder what has gone on at that hotel that it is necessary to have a officer permanently on-site!!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fredericksburg, VA
Reviewed February 17, 2008

I stayed in Norfolk for a business trip and was up all night because I could hear everything that was going on around me because the walls were so thin. I was looking forward to the continental breakfast, but unfortunately I went to go get some cereal and poured the milk and the milk was sour! These are my only 2 complaints, but when you need a good night's sleep and a nice breakfast for a long meeting ahead of you, these 2 things are pretty bad!
Also, the hotel room was small, but I wasn't too surprised about this.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Norfolk hotels

Swansboro
Reviewed February 11, 2008

We wanted a quick getaway to Virginia Beach and didn't want to board the dogs. This hotel is dog friendly and close to everything you could want to do in the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area. Unlike some pet friendly hotels, you don't get stuck in a sub-standard room that smells of cigarette smoke on the bottom floor next to the ice machine and the pool. The room was very basic Sleep Inn (no bathtub, microwave or fridge) but is was clean and comfortable. Lobby has a nice little lounge area and a hot breakfast is available for $5.00. There is on site security and lots of room outside for the dogs to run. Good value!

• Liked — Pet friendly
  • Disliked — Internet connection didn't work very well
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cat-6
Bergen County, NJ
Reviewed November 8, 2007

If you're looking for a low-priced stay in Norfolk, conveniently located and good clean hotel, this is the place. Close to highways, a few minutes from the airport, good clean rooms. On the same premises with the Quality Suites ($20 more), so there is a small bar and restaurant on site. We're not talking gourmet here, just a decent convenient place to eat if you get in late or have somewhere else to run off to. Otherwise, you have to drive a bit for a regular, not fast food restaurant. Everything was clean, though not necessarily new. Beds looked lumpy but didn't feel that way. Hotel entryways are pretty secure. Breakfast was typical wheat-fest so I bring my own gluten-free food. Otherwise for $5, you can have a hot cooked breakfast at the Quality Suites. Everything went well except that I asked for a second floor room and wound up on the first floor.

• Liked — cleanliness and location
  • Disliked — pets allowed
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank civil-warrior
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed February 11, 2007

We only stayed here one night, but was happy with our stay. We arrived in the area at 11:30am and decided to go to hotel to ask for early check-in. We were in our room by 12pm. The next day we needed a late check out and we got that also. We checked out at 2pm. Very happy with check-in & check-out.

The room was clean. The light bulb was out in the shower area so before we left for the afternoon I informed the front desk and upon return later in the evening it was taken care of and we had light.

The room walls are very thin, and I did hear noise from other guests. Nothing that bothered us. I Just wanted to make note of it as other reviewers have also mentioned this.

The continental breakfast was fine. The breakfast area was clean and seemed to be replenished as items disappeared. Coffee was good!

This hotel satisified our needs during this trip.

• Liked — Staff was very friendly
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank momtoo2
PA
Reviewed June 19, 2006

I recently stayed at the Sleep Inn Lake Wright and I was a little nervous because of some of the poor reviews that had been written about it. But I was pleasantly surprised upon my arrival.

The room was clean and had a very nice stand up shower with extra room. The sink area was located outside of the bathroom with a huge mirror. The only negative point about the whole stay was that at night I could hear the tv in the adajacent room, as well as people talking in the hallway outside the room when they walked past. But even those things were minor, in comparison to the overall experience of the hotel.

There was a continential breakfast in the morning with coffee, oatmeal, danishes, muffins, cold cereal and juice, that was served in a little dining room type with a tv.

I would definately stay at this hotel again. It was clean, safe, and located right near restaurants, shopping, and I-64.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank madison122
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 25, 2006

We stayed at the Norfolk Lake Wright Sleep Inn prior to our Feb. 9th Maasdam cruise out of Norfolk. The Lake Wright is a combination of a Quality Suites and a Sleep Inn. They are connected at the lobby and share a glass enclosed swimming pool (for year round enjoyment, as the brochure states). The Quality Suites are 2 room suites and include a complimentary hot breakfast buffet. The Sleep Inn is a standard room and includes a complimentary continental breakfast buffet. They both offer a park and cruise package where they provide a free shuttle to and from the port and you can leave your car in the parking lot. They also provide a free shuttle to the airport. They have a business center with PC’s you can use and a small fitness center. The hotels are relatively new, and right next to a golf course with a small lake. It is one exit over from the airport so is not downtown.

We chose to stay at the Sleep Inn since we were just looking for a clean and comfortable place to sleep for one night pre-cruise. The price was $71.96 when I booked in November. I think the Quality Suites were $30 or $40 more. It is located on busy Rt. 13 right off of I-64 but is set back far enough from the road that we didn’t hear any highway noise. The rooms (we had 3 as were traveling with family) were clean, in good condition, and had good beds. The bathrooms had a large shower stall (no tub) which we thought was great. We went for a swim in the pool (heated) and had it all to ourselves. There are many restaurants close by. I would consider the continental breakfast adequate with a very small (almost cramped) breakfast area. It included coffee, juices, cereals, bagels, Danish, muffins, and some fruit. With the forthcoming feast to start on board by noon we thought it was plenty. We also went for a very cold early morning walk around the golf course and lake which was pleasant. When we were there the hotel had many armed services staff staying there in training before being deployed. So lots of uniforms in the morning at breakfast.

I had reconfirmed that we needed a shuttle to the dock when we arrived and scheduled it for 10:30 a.m. There were 8 of us going and they efficiently loaded us and our luggage into a small bus. It only takes about 15 minutes to get to the dock. Upon our return I called the hotel after we had retrieved our luggage and the shuttle bus was back to retrieve us within a half hour. The driver said it had taken longer than usual due to snow that morning (yes, what a welcome back) and traffic accidents. We zipped back and unloaded right at our car. We were called to disembark at 8:45, picked up our luggage, rode the shuttle, made a last pit stop at the hotel, and were on the road driving home by 10:00 a.m.

Would I stay there again? Absolutely. We were just looking for something simple and inexpensive where we could safely leave our car. The rooms were fine, the shuttle to the dock was efficient coming and going, and the staff was very accommodating.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member