“Getting better; Great AARP Rate!”

Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport
Ranked #19 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Have stayed here several times with mixed results, but the past two times have been better. Desk staff is nice, and acknowledged my Elite Diamond status with Choice Hotels. Now has flat-screen TV's. WiFi is fast enough for NetFlix. Quiet and clean. Great hot breakfast buffet, not the typical Choice Hotels powdered eggs and watery OJ.

Great rate for AARP folks.

Room Tip: Second floor was a bit noisy between 7 and 9 PM. Otherwise OK. First floor rooms would probably be...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Bizz-Traveler987
Randy C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you taking the time to comment on your visit. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and especially our breakfast. Our Sleep Inn is one of the few to offer a full hot breakfast and we are glad to offer it to our guest. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed at the sleep in for one night a I must say for the short time I was there it was nice. The room was clean has a 24 hour shop for the midnight snacks, a restaurant with good food at a nice price, in all very nice place will go back when it's warmer

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cocofle
Randy C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We appreciate your visit and your comments. We are glad you found everything to your liking. Our goal is to serve our guest not only with a quality product but with caring staff. I am glad you found both. We look forward to you visiting again.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This review will be short and sweet. We are budget-conscious travelers and have stayed in many Sleep Inns. We have never been disappointed and have returned to every one that we stayed in. This one is no exception. The property was clean and well-maintained, the breakfast assortment a bit more varied than usual and the service was friendly. The Internet worked fine and the price was definitely right. :-)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Randy C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Thank you for your comments and for staying with us. We are glad you visited with us and enjoyed your stay. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed here prior to catching flights out or ORF airport. We were somewhat late in arriving and found manueuvering to front door circuitious, but that was caused by highway work in front of the site. The front desk was very prompt and helpful and we had very nice, clean well-equiped room. The hotel offers a shuttle to airport and storage of vehicles for about same price as charges at airport.
You can do MUCH worse for price.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Randy C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We are glad you could visit with us and that your stay was enjoyable. We do apologize for the intersection work we all hope it will be finished in our life time. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Every September since 2008 I’ve stayed at this hotel as part of a Navy reunion group. Everything has always been fine, but I’ve never written a review until now. The rooms are clean and comfortable. WiFi is fast and reliable and the included hot breakfast contains all items anyone could want. When all tables were full at breakfast, guests were directed to an alternate area in the lobby and then to a meeting room. There’s a nice indoor pool and a small fitness room.
However, sometimes things go wrong and one measure of a hotel is how the problems are handled. In the middle of the night my bathroom floor was being flooded by water flowing through the light fixture in the ceiling. I notified reception. They apologized, moved me to another room and did not charge me for the night.
The next morning as I made coffee in the room I noticed the desk was wet. There was a crack in the reservoir and the water was leaking out. Another call to reception referred me to the coffee available in the lobby while they secured a new coffee pot for me.
That afternoon I returned to my room to discover that the toilet wouldn’t flush. I was beginning to think I was jinxed. After all, it was Friday 13th, but none of my reunion mates were having any problems at all.
Maintenance fixed the toilet problem quickly and there were no other problems after that. While it may seem odd to see an excellent review that lists a series of problems, I was pleased with the speed with which the problems were resolved. My final bill included a charge for the room safe. This charge was removed when I mentioned that I didn’t use it or even realize it was there.
Sometimes stuff happens and the response of the staff makes all the difference in how the hotel is perceived. Good job!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank BklynBorn47
Randy C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments and for staying with us. It does sound like Friday the 13th.
However, I am glad to hear that our staff responded quickly to your needs and you enjoyed your visit. Again, thanks and we look forward to seeing you again next year, not on Friday the 13th.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My teenage son and I were looking for an inexpensive place to stay the night after a concert at the Farm Bureau Live arena. This hotel was is about 15 minutes from the arena. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was small but clean and we had no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Randy C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for your comments, we are glad you enjoyed your visit with us.We appreciate you taking the time to comment and hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The rooms were clean and smelled good and the staff were all nice. But, We stayed on the first floor and boy was I ready to leave the next day. The walls were thin & a lot of people were in & out of there rooms in the hall being extremely loud. I would probably consider staying there again if they had security to sweep the halls & assure everyone gets a good nights rest. I wondered if it would've been more quite on the other floors but we needed a non smoking room. At check in we received free breakfast tickets for the next morning but I was so ready to get outa there, that we just passed on that & went to IHOP.

Room Tip: If you want a peaceful nights sleep...Maybe a room on the upper floors or at the end of the hall far...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Randy C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for your comments we appreciate you taking the time. We apologize your stay was disrupted by noise in the hotel. While that can be a problem from time to time, especially on the last summer weekend, it is not always the case. We hope you will give us another chance to be you hosts. Perhaps you will be able to take advantage of our full hot breakfast this time. Thanks again for visiting.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Norfolk
1 mi away
Hampton Inn Norfolk Naval Base
5 mi away
Best Western Plus Holiday Sands Inn & Suites
Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport

Been to Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport? Share your experiences!