WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Norfolk
Tampa, Florida, Usa
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

This review will be short and sweet. We are budget-conscious travelers and have stayed in many Sleep Inns. We have never been disappointed and have returned to every one that we stayed in. This one is no exception. The property was clean and well-maintained, the breakfast assortment a bit more varied than usual and the service was friendly. The Internet worked fine and the price was definitely right. :-)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Randy C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments and for staying with us. We are glad you visited with us and enjoyed your stay. We look forward to serving you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
kill devil hills,nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed here prior to catching flights out or ORF airport. We were somewhat late in arriving and found manueuvering to front door circuitious, but that was caused by highway work in front of the site. The front desk was very prompt and helpful and we had very nice, clean well-equiped room. The hotel offers a shuttle to airport and storage of vehicles for about same price as charges at airport.
You can do MUCH worse for price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Randy C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We are glad you could visit with us and that your stay was enjoyable. We do apologize for the intersection work we all hope it will be finished in our life time. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.
Moneta, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Every September since 2008 I’ve stayed at this hotel as part of a Navy reunion group. Everything has always been fine, but I’ve never written a review until now. The rooms are clean and comfortable. WiFi is fast and reliable and the included hot breakfast contains all items anyone could want. When all tables were full at breakfast, guests were directed to an alternate area in the lobby and then to a meeting room. There’s a nice indoor pool and a small fitness room.
However, sometimes things go wrong and one measure of a hotel is how the problems are handled. In the middle of the night my bathroom floor was being flooded by water flowing through the light fixture in the ceiling. I notified reception. They apologized, moved me to another room and did not charge me for the night.
The next morning as I made coffee in the room I noticed the desk was wet. There was a crack in the reservoir and the water was leaking out. Another call to reception referred me to the coffee available in the lobby while they secured a new coffee pot for me.
That afternoon I returned to my room to discover that the toilet wouldn’t flush. I was beginning to think I was jinxed. After all, it was Friday 13th, but none of my reunion mates were having any problems at all.
Maintenance fixed the toilet problem quickly and there were no other problems after that. While it may seem odd to see an excellent review that lists a series of problems, I was pleased with the speed with which the problems were resolved. My final bill included a charge for the room safe. This charge was removed when I mentioned that I didn’t use it or even realize it was there.
Sometimes stuff happens and the response of the staff makes all the difference in how the hotel is perceived. Good job!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank BklynBorn47
Randy C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments and for staying with us. It does sound like Friday the 13th.
However, I am glad to hear that our staff responded quickly to your needs and you enjoyed your visit. Again, thanks and we look forward to seeing you again next year, not on Friday the 13th.
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

My teenage son and I were looking for an inexpensive place to stay the night after a concert at the Farm Bureau Live arena. This hotel was is about 15 minutes from the arena. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was small but clean and we had no complaints.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Randy C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your comments, we are glad you enjoyed your visit with us.We appreciate you taking the time to comment and hope to see you again.
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

The rooms were clean and smelled good and the staff were all nice. But, We stayed on the first floor and boy was I ready to leave the next day. The walls were thin & a lot of people were in & out of there rooms in the hall being extremely loud. I would probably consider staying there again if they had security to sweep the halls & assure everyone gets a good nights rest. I wondered if it would've been more quite on the other floors but we needed a non smoking room. At check in we received free breakfast tickets for the next morning but I was so ready to get outa there, that we just passed on that & went to IHOP.

Room Tip: If you want a peaceful nights sleep...Maybe a room on the upper floors or at the end of the hall far...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Randy C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your comments we appreciate you taking the time. We apologize your stay was disrupted by noise in the hotel. While that can be a problem from time to time, especially on the last summer weekend, it is not always the case. We hope you will give us another chance to be you hosts. Perhaps you will be able to take advantage of our full hot breakfast this time. Thanks again for visiting.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I've stayed here twice. The rooms are average. The room on the third floor was a little worse. The entire hallway smelled of smoke. There may have been smoking at the other end of the wing. I just don't understand why you have smoking and non-smoking rooms on the same floor. If that's not the case, someone smoked in the hall. It was really strong. I asked for an extension of an hour until noon. It was given. Cleaning people came pounding on my door at 11:15 asking if I was checking out or not. The breakfast is shared with the Quality Inn so it was packed. I was unable to get a seat.

Room Tip: Go to breakfast early or you won't get a seat.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Randy C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you taking the time to comment on your stay. We apologize that someone was smoking in your area, this has been a problem from time to time that sometimes can we stop but we can't catch them all unfortunately. Yes, the free hot breakfast is very popular and timing is everything. On weekends we open an additional seat area but during the week it is all about timing. This is an issue that is always under review and we appreciate your feed back. Thanks for staying with us we hope to see you again.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

A really nice hotel with helpful and smiley staff. The rooms are spacious enough and clean. Very well maintained and everything was working. There is also a restaurant downstairs where you can eat if you like and the food is not bad. The waitress are really friendly and nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Randy C, General Manager at Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments and for staying with us. We appreciate you taking time to comment on your stay. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norfolk
Quality Suites at Lake Wright
La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Holiday Sands Inn & Suites
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#42 of 108 in Virginia Beach

Been to Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport? Share your experiences!