“Not bad but not as spectacular as some state” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University

Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University
Ranked #24 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles
“Not bad but not as spectacular as some state”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have read both the good and the bad reviews. In general I would say I found the positive ones overly positive and the negative ones overly negative. I recognized some of both. The hotel rooms are decent by themselves. I found the service reasonably friendly, but the so called free breakfast is laughable. There were just white slices of bread with nothing on it and then there was cornflakes. They also had coffee and juice. The hotel has a very weird entrance and you have to watch out what you are doing. The wifi worked fine. The best feature of this motel is their location, right opposite the Military Circle Mall which offers a lot of food options. There is also a movie theatre right oppositve the motel. All in all it`s about as good (or as bad) as you could expect for a motel in this price category.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Vishal P, Manager at Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University, responded to this review, October 26, 2013

Vishal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was so happy and my stay wae wonderfull, me and my co partner was driving by and staid at econo lodge on US-13 and stay was excellent. rooms are awesome, breakfast even WI-FI was fast and secure. we staid there before like 2 years ago. and now its awesome. beds are very comfortable too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Edith M
Vishal P, Manager at Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University, responded to this review, September 24, 2013

Norfolk, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel is ok.they could spray more for bugs!!! Shantane is a hotel clerk that works their & her customer service skills are superior to any I have experienced!!! They have more channels than the hotel next to them :) also you can bring pets,that's a good thing.the managers will help no matter what the complaint or problem is they will try to make it right,I like that.they remodeled & the place looks a lot livelier & more colorful.I have been frequenting this hotel for about a year.oh yes the prices are not bad,except when they raise them :( it's pretty quiet around here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank bj g

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

When I walked in office, I thought did I came to right place since it was design as a beach theme. Immediately I thought this place has newly renovated. I got in room and everything was new inside. Especially everything was nice and clean. Bathroom was clean, beds were comfortable too. Staff were nice as well especially Manager name Vick. Price is economical too. I would highly recommend this place for future guest coming to this Econo Lodge. I'm defenetly coming back when I come area.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Alphabeach
Vishal P, Manager at Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University, responded to this review, September 16, 2013

Norfolk, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

over the years I have been a regular costumer at the Econo Lodge on Military hwy, I always find the rooms to be very clean and the service to be awesome. I always enjoy the breakfast and coffee and appreciate the staffs personal touch as far as remembering the guest and catering to there needs I will be back and have enjoyed my every stay

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Eares M
Vishal P, Manager at Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University, responded to this review, September 10, 2013

Hackensack, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I enjoyed my stay as well as the price we paid. My husband and I were looking for a nice place to stay while we enroll our daughter in to college. We could have stayed closer to the school... however we wanted to be in a central location such as jumping on the highway to her school, the mall, the navel base... as well as the oceanfront.
The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JERI P
Vishal P, Manager at Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thanks you very much for your review.

Hampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have read many negative reviews about this particular property , however, after spending a night there it was not like I expected. The staff and service was excellent, the desk clerk was very knowledgable about the area and the hotel. Housekeeping was excellent. I found the room furniture and bedding to be in good taste, and the bathrooms and tub clean . There were no people hanging around even though some of the reviews I have read say that there are savory people hanging around. Over all my stay was excellent and I find that sometime people write negative things about hotels because they have had a negative experience somewhere else. Choice Hotels is world reknown, however, they always never advertise about the Econo Lodge Brand so to find a good Econo Lodge we should not write bad things about them as they are already paying too much for the Choice supposed to be advertising.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Triphampton
Thanks you very much for your review.

Vishal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norfolk
Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 42 in Chesapeake
4.5 of 5 stars 203 reviews

Been to Econo Lodge Near Norfolk State University? Share your experiences!