“Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
LaPlata, United States
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is a nice, clean hotel. Saff was very friendly and helpful. The Hotel is very close to the Naval Base, Dining and shopping in Norfolf, VA. I would highly recommend this hotel for the business traveler.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My parents and i booked 2 rooms for 5 nights. We called right after booking to have close/adjoining rooms. We get there after a 12 hr drive, my parents room is at the front of the hall, mine at the end. The elevator is broken, so we can't go up because my 6 yr old is in a wheelchair. The next morning they move me three doors closer, in a room with two full size beds. I reserved a king room, but insted of moving everyday i was there, i put up with it. The best part of our stay was helen the lady that made breakfast in the morning. I was poorly "compisated" for my bad stay, (two nights free) and on the check in desk it says a 100% refund if you're not satisfied...so much for that! I seriously could go on and on....

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Baltimore, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel gave excellant service. Staff was very friendly and eager to help with directions to events as well as dining places. Location was great and easy access to various places!! I would return for future stays!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Winston Salem, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The staff was very helpful. My husband and I were in town on business and were a little hesitant to stay here as Hampton Inn is not always consistent in the quality of its hotels. We were very pleased with the quality of the hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Ashtabula, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel is what Hampton Inn are noted for. Comfortable beds, friendly service, and a clean hotel. My daughters enjoyed the breakfast and the comfortable beds. I was only a short stay and were sorry we couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Columbus, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Friendly staff, although not professional,using office area as a lounge High traffic break room area.
1st morning breakfast, Pastry & eggs ran out. BK is across the street.
2nd morning Breakfast: Waffle iron out of service,No apple juice, Omletts burnt on bottom. Very appologic staff.
Facility appeared clean except for Ice bucket bag and Sack of trash on 1st floor hallway leading to the elevator.
Generally I can bank on Hamton Inn being Top's. Wife says this was let down. late arrival, kitchenett had no stove, frig.had noisy comp. no dishes food was scarce after 11:p.m.

Room Tip: Security of guest should always be top priority.Get a upper floor room for peace of mind & a go...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Brockport, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a a football camp my son was attending at Old Dominion University. It is very close to the university and is in a great location as there were several places to eat once we arrived. We booked a double room, and when we arrived and got to the room the TV screen was cracked. I IMMEDIATELY called the front desk and reported it and asked for a different room as we purposely left NY to get to VA in time to watch game 7 of the NBA finals. The girl at the front desk was friendly, but didn't seem to be too concerned that the TV was broken, and said that she would SEE if they had another room. I explained it was imperative we have a room with a TV, and said that something would have to be done. She then let us into a King room with a cot (after she said that she would SEE if they could find the cot). The manager called me the next morning and accused us of breaking the TV! Saying we were in the room for an hour, and nobody had entered since it was checked! Not true, because I called immediately after finding the problem (I always check for bed bugs first- there were none- actually the mattress I checked looked brand new) and rather than wait for the front desk to call me back went right down there. I don't know how it happened, but I do know it was not us- we literally set our stuff down, used the bathroom, my son turned the tv on as I pulled the duvet off the bed and both looked at each other in horror that we would miss more of the game!! I was disappointed I was blamed for this, and in the future I may have an employee accompany me to my room- but even so I would stay in this hotel again. It was very clean, the breakfast was good, and my son said the bed was comfortable- I slept on the cot- not comfortable- but he had to be 100%. The towels were clean and bright white- that is important to me also.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business