“Decent stay - excellent staff”

Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Decent stay - excellent staff”
Reviewed May 21, 2006

This hotel is a convenient place to stay if you have family attending ODU. I stayed there and had a decent time - the staff was really hospitable and the room was very clean. Beds were above average for comfort. The bathroom was spacious and very clean, as well.

The walkways to the rooms and staircases are a bit worn and a little dirty. It also features rooms that are entered from the outside, rather than within the inside of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2006
5 Thank MNBallroomDancer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed March 18, 2005

I had a wonderful time at the Comfort Inn Norfolk Naval Station! The room was great! Next time I go to Norfolk, I hope to be staying there. We really got a great deal on Priceline $34. The staff were very kind and gracious to my whole group that was traveling. Two thumbs up!!

• Stayed March 2005
5 Thank housj
virginia
Reviewed August 26, 2004

Stayed one night here in August 04. Motel is older building, undergoing some renovation to the lobby (the rooms need it as well). No interior halls, so all rooms exit to outside walk way - parking. Lots of noise from cars and people just outside your room. I stayed in a non-smoking room, but you would not know it (stale smoke smell!) as well as a damp feeling to the room.

5 Thank Travelten
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 6, 2003

My friends and I were planning to attend a concert in Norfolk during Memorial Day weekend of 2002 (May). I booked two rooms at this hotel because I liked the location and pricing. One week before the concert was scheduled, it was cancelled. So I called the hotel (I spoke with a young lady at the front desk), and cancelled the rooms. I kept the cancellation number for three months to make sure charges didn't appear on my credit card statements. In July I was cleaning out my office and, since I had not been charged, I threw away the number. Then in August I received another credit card statement that showed that I had payed for two rooms in JULY (not May, but JULY) at that hotel. I spoke with managers, and even the girl that I cancelled with, and they didn't care. Then they said they would look into and never called me back (and refused to take my calls). My credit card company investigated it and claimed that I stayed there in July!!! So please beware when making reservations at this hotel... :(

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member