WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base

Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base
Ranked #32 of 38 Hotels in Norfolk
Lynchburg, Virginia
“In need of upgrade immediately!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Was expectting much more. Poor facility. Tile in bathroom needed to be cleaned. Didn't want to stay in the shower long. Outdated furniture. Mattress was old and lumpy. Would not stay at this location ever again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pamela J
1QualityGM, General Manager at Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
I am very sorry to hear you were so unpleased with the room(s) I had picked for you and your group. The room you had stayed in had all new wall finishing less than a month prior to your stay. The furnishings and the Sealy pillow top mattresses throughout the property are not very old at all. I wish you had said something to us during your visit, your satisfaction is very important to us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Manassas, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

The hotel was overpriced for what we got, which was a moldy tiled bathroom and dirty, stained carpeting. The only saving grace was the beds were somewhat comfortable. I would NEVER recommend this hotel to family or friends.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TheOs05

Travelers are raving about these Norfolk hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

We had problems at check in even though wet had booked the room a month in advance. Not really the hotels fault and they were very quick to resolve that problem. We were here for a wedding. The room had a very musty smell, the comforter had dirty spots on it, the shower was disgusting, the lamp shades were dirty. Tried to make the best out of it and went and got clorox wipes and air freshener spay. Refused to take a shower without my flip flops on. 3 night stay turned into 1. Only because we had driven 10 hours and and things to attend.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

It was cold outside but even colder, the heat in the room did not work, was also, very small for how much they are charging, Not Worth It, unless your interested in the heated pool that the desk clerk conveniently told me about, who cares it's 30 degrees outside get me in a warm room

Room Tip: Check your heat
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1QualityGM, General Manager at Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I do not believe my rooms are of a different size than average. As far as a heating system failure, things do break in a property this size. We would have been more than happy to change your room as soon as an issue was reported. I apologize we unable to correct this for you during your stay.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

This is the second time we've stayed here and we've had nothing but great experience. Our son is at ODU and this is a close place to stay. The staff is very friendly and always willing to help in any way they can. This last time we had issues with our room and they went out of their way to fix the problem. They have a security guard who walks around which is nice. The bed is VERY comfortable....only three issues they need to address and the BIG one is the carpets. They need cleaned and they should be on a quarterly basis if not more. Second, they need to update the surround around the tub/shower and third, they need to give you more towels and washcloths. They only supply you with 2 each and the rooms sleep four. Next year we plan on bringing a lot of people down because it's our sons graduation.....let's hope some of these issues are resolves. Thanks!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review, we are constantly trying improving upon our property. We have completed many renovations in the past year and continue to do so. We hope we can show you soon!
Titusville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

The particular room we stayed in was pretty disgusting. Both beds had cigarette burns on the blanket and one of the beds had blood stains on the sheet and blanket and when we tried to address it with the front desk we were brushed off for apparently more important customers and nothing was ever done about it as promised. Thank goodness we had some blankets of our own to use in the car! There was also blood stains all over the carpet and bathroom floor, don't even wanna think about what might have happened in this room! The carpets were just dirty in general, glad I had my slippers, this isn't the type of place you can walk around barefoot. All of the surfaces in the room were also filthy we spent an hour when we got there just cleaning up the room to make it somewhat livable. The refrigerator was cracked inside and pretty dirty as well. The front desk didn't seem to understand that we had three people in the room and needed more than 2 towels and 2 wash clothes a day so we had to go take towels from the swimming area. Also the "hot tub" that is advertised on their website is non-existent. Definitely NOT worth $100 a night, maybe $30, very disappointed, we would have loved to stay somewhere else but unfortunately everything other hotel within a 30 mile radius was booked. Won't stay here again.

Room Tip: If you must stay here bring blankets and sheets from home and a pair of slippers.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
We apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. We try to correct any and all issues at the time they are reported to us. I will certainly look for a room with such issues; I will also try and find the website that advertises a hot tub.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

This place got worse the longer we stayed! I was surprised to see outside corridors. I would not have stayed here if I had known. The room smelled of mold, the shower has mold around it, the light fixture in the bathroom was loose, and the wall had cracks in it and water damage. I made my reservations online, got an extra bed. Wasn't aware that there was a cost. When the staff dropped off the roll-out bed to my room they said not one word. Just dropped it off and took off. The next morning the staff had to let me in to the gym because it is co-located with pool and the pool wasn't yet open. I had to wait while she checked in other people before she could let me in the gym. Then breakfast shuts down at 9am but it's posted behind the check-in desk that it closes at 10am. I arrived at 8:50am for breakfast. While waiting in line for 10 minutes for waffles, the batter runs out. I asked the staff to refill it and she says "breakfast ends at 9am" even though she saw me in line waiting!!!! After complaining, she did refill it.
Several people with kids came after 9am to find no breakfast but the staff did accommodate them because they knew the breakfast times weren't made clear. When I advised the staff of this, they explained that the night staff may have briefed that breakfast was 6-9, they just may have said it too fast. Wrong! I hate that I wasted my hard earned points for this hotel!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1QualityGM, General Manager at Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your candid review. I am investigating the circumstances of your stay. I certainly wish we could have corrected the issues you had at the time of your stay had we been aware. I do apologize that we did not provide you with a satisfactory stay. The issues you have pointed out will be corrected immediately.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norfolk
Hampton Inn Norfolk Naval Base
Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Holiday Sands Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport
Comfort Inn Olde Town
Comfort Inn Olde Town
#2 of 6 in Portsmouth
Wyndham Garden Norfolk Downtown

Been to Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base? Share your experiences!