Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Bay Inn(Norfolk)
Express Inn(Norfolk)
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 26, 2013

The reasons we stay at this location is because, #1 we are choice hotel members, #2 it is only one and a half miles from Norfolk Naval Air Station Gate we enter. We have two family members that come in and out of the Navy Base at different times.
To our dismay after the first stay we found out if you do not smoke you are charged a higher rate. So much said for Non-Smokers. This hotel condones people smoking by giving them cheaper rates. In our home state of Maryland you can not smoke in hotels.
The front desk was very pleasant and our room was ready when we arrived earlier then the check in time. Other then our room needing new carpet it was clean and plenty of towels. The breakfast was good, hot and ready when we arrived for breakfast in the morning.
Again, expect to pay more if you are a NON-Smoker.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1QualityGM, Manager at Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We rely on our guest’s feedback to improve each and every day. We enjoyed having you stay with us and hope to meet you and your family again.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

After a long drive and a lengthy checkin, I collapsed in bed. At 5 minutes past midnight a call from the front desk awakened me. The caller told me that my room had not been charged to a credit card and that I would have come to the front desk to charge it properly. I told her I would not get dressed and come to the front desk, but I would clear it up in the morning, and furthermore, I did not like being rudely awakened. She threatened to throw me out. I told her that I was a member of a large group and that if I was forced to leave, my group would probably leave also. Finally she said she would put a note in my record so I could clear up the problem later in the morning. When I went to the front desk later in the morning the person on duty told me there was no problem; my card was on record. She did not know why I had been awakened and threatened with eviction. This event alone would keep me from ever staying at this hotel again. The other problems with this hotel like breakfast being set out over 40 minutes late, coffee not being available for long periods during breakfast, the stale cigarette smell of my room, the peeling paint, the broken lamp, the noise from other rooms, the lack of temperature control all reinforce my decision to never stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1QualityGM, General Manager at Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

I am most apologetic in my response to you. It is not our practice or policy to call a guest in the middle of the night and request payment without first making sure that our staff has not made an error. We are sorry for this oversight.
I have spoken to all parties involved and re trained the staff as to our policies in handling these issues.
I hope you will give us the opportunity to show you how committed we are to taking care of each and every guest and the impression they leave with.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel off and on for a couple of years. I always find the rooms clean and comfortable. The hotel has all the standard ammenities. The hotel is a little older and cheaper than the others in the area. Nice fitness center. Needs more fruits at breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1QualityGM, General Manager at Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate all of the feedback we get. We are always looking for ways to improve.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at a Quality Inn near Norfolk Navy Base on Thurs, February 21st, my boyfriend woke up in the middle of the night with bites on his neck. I didn't see any visible bites on myself. My boyfriend went to the front desk and reported the incident and showed the clerk the bites, she moved us from room 107 to room 115. After moving to a different room, the next morning I noticed that I too had been bitten, and then then the next day after we left the hotel, a few more bites appeared. By the third day after leaving that hotel we were experiencing serious itching fits, the bites felt like fire, and they were also very painful. Today, although a lot of the swelling and redness from the bites has gotten better, and they appear to be healing, some of the bites are still itchy and painful. We have suffered three days of undescribable itching and pain from the bites. I had never experienced anything like that before and people should know that the Quality Inn, which is a Choice Hotel, has a serious bed bug issue.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jay G
1QualityGM, Manager at Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

I am very sorry to hear you about your unpleasant experience at our hotel. After moving you to another guestroom, we immediately placed the guestroom out of order and had it inspected by a professional since we take this matter extremely seriously. After a thorough investigatigation by the Professional Pest Control Company that regularly services our Hotel, they concluded that there was NO infestation discovered in either guestroom (the first room you checked-into nor the new guestroom given to you) . Once again, we apologize for your less than pleasant stay and reassure you that we are very diligent in reacting to and investigating complaints of this magnitude and I assure you that The Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Station is NOT infested with bed bugs. We hope that you provide us with the opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I am saddened to say I expected more, we traveled all day and got in around midnight. We walked in to find a spider's nest above the tv near the ceiling. The fridge when opened fell out of the cubby it was sitting in almost landing on my foot. There was rust around the door frame of the bathroom. The number sign was broken on our room so we guessed we were in the right room. The pillows were so small that our heads barely fit on them. Then to top it off we had no hot water in the morning for our showers, it took almost a 1/2 hour to correct that problem. Breakfast was limited at best. All around worst stay in a long time.
All this for a total of 110.00 including tax.
So needless to say instead of 3 nights, we checked out and went over to Quality Inn on Northampton--that saved us $30.00 a night and it was like the Trump Towers in comparison.

Room Tip: Stay at the Quality on Northampton Blvd--it was a great place....in comparison
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1QualityGM, General Manager at Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you Cheri for your candid review. We value all of the reviews we receive, good and bad. Your input has been shared with the proper departments and corrective action has been taken where necessary.