“Good Hotel”

Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base
Ranked #31 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The room was clean for the most part, carpets could use a good shampooing. The bed and sheets were comfortable. The staff is very friendly and our room was kept clean and neat. (We stayed 3 nights) The trucks from next door were a little loud in the mornings but that's city life.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1QualityGM, General Manager at Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us on line. We try very hard to have each and every guest leave with a positive experience. We certainly hope to see you again.

Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Great rate for a 2 bed plus pull out sofa room. Our room was non-smoking but smelled heavily of smoke. Sofa bed had a seperate space where you could close the door off from the remainder of the room and has its own television. Breakfast was average and included in our rate. The in-house restaurant had cheap prices....but you get what you pay for. All staff were very friendly and accommodating. Would stay there again, but eat dinner elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel you had stayed at, unfortunately I do not believe it was our property. We do not have a restaurant. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope you return to Hampton Roads again.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I booked this room to to stay over so I would be close to the base for a family day cruise on my sons ship. After the 6 hour drive I pulled in the women who check us in was very nice. We wne t to the room and it was DISGUSTING IT SMELLED AND WAS MOLDY!!! We went back to the front desk and we were showed another room it was the room on top of the fisrt one!! Same thing happened there too. Went back to the front desk AGAIN was showed another room and guess what SAME THING!! We left this hotel and found another one. When I called to get a refund I was told that it would not be refunded back. I booked through World Wide travaler exchange. I called them they called the hotel and verified I did not stay BUT they would not refund my money!! Lesson learned ALWAYS book through the hotel and NEVER GO BACK THIS HOTEL!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1QualityGM, General Manager at Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we value these reviews greatly. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that was caused to you. We have just begun some renovations. One of the first items was pressure washing the entire building. Some water was sprayed under the doors and we have been cleaning carpets as a result.
If I may assist you in any way recovering the money you had paid please contact me.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Ok, so the hotel is not brand new and there are signs of wear and tear, but we wanted a one night stay at a reasonable cost as part of our three week tour of the Eastern Seaboard and the Quality Inn did us proud. The female receptionist was absolutely wonderful and could not have been more helpful or pleasant. We also used a coupon from a brochure, which brought the room price down to under 60 dollars, which was a major bonus.

Our room was spotlessly clean and the size of Belgium! It had a fridge and a microwave and a bed you could have organised a 1500m race around in it. The bed linen and quality of the mattress were excellent, as were the towels. Only the bathroom was needing some TLC and but for that, I would have given the hotel 5 stars.

The breakfast was more than adequate and we were both quite sad to leave.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank topfellman

Thank you very much, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Other than friendly desk staff this has to really be the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. The first room we went into had so much of a musty odor they moved us. Unfortunately that room was almost as bad and since it was so late we stayed. The sheets had stains on them, the light in the bathroom had a short that brightened when you turned on the hair dryer, the floors in the corners of the bathroom had dirt build up and the bathtub tile was severely moldy, also dirty carpets. The icing on the cake was that because of the dimness of the light over the bath sink I did not see my earrings so I didn't pick them up. (I admit part my fault .) When we discovered this we called, nothing turned in and the housekeeping manager was to call, next day received same answer. Never heard so did not recover my earrings. We went to the Hampton in down the street for the remainder of our stay, it was great and the SAME price. Go there!!!

Room Tip: Go to Hampton in down the street.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

I apologize that your accommodations were not satisfactory. We had looked for your earrings as soon as we were made aware, they were not found. I would like to thank you for your review as I have shared it with my staff in the hopes of avoiding any future guests dissatisfaction.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Our soccer team booked this Quality Inn because we had good experiences with other Quality Inn properties. Unfortunately not the case here. Of the 15 rooms we occupied, not one was addaquate. Complaints from our chaperones, coaches and player included: foul smells, bugs, mold, broken locks, stained sheets, trash left from previous occupants, and the list goes on. All of us left after one night and stayed at a Quality Inn a few minutes away.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1QualityGM, General Manager at Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to express your complaints to us. We strive to make sure all of our guests have a pleasant experience when staying with us. I am sorry this was not the case with your group. We would have made every effort to satisfy you and your group if we had the opportunity.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was truly disappointed with this hotel when we pulled up with a 12 year old soccer team (32 players) from Michigan. We had SO many complaints that I don't even know where to begin! We had 15 rooms reserved! All were equally bad!! We had ants in multiple rooms, a broken bed frame, mold in multiple rooms, a really awful smell that kept one of our adult chaperones throwing up all night, a non-functioning, moldy ice machine (in fact, no working ice machine on property); wallpaper coming off of the walls in one room; a faucet that fell right off; trash under a bed; stains on the sheets; the list goes on....

Room Tip: rooms are exterior corridor. I would not choose rooms: 155, 157, 203, 209, or 211!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

I was also disappointed when your group arrived and you & your group seemed to be surprised that we were an exterior property. I would have appreciated it greatly if you had expressed your concerns and plans not to stay the entire time with me at that point in time. I had no idea that there were any issues at all. I was available all day when you had checked in early morning and the following morning when I was assisting with breakfast and wishing your team good luck in the day’s events.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Norfolk
Hampton Inn Norfolk Naval Base
Quality Inn Olde Town
#3 of 5 in Portsmouth
Courtyard Norfolk Downtown
Quality Suites at Lake Wright

Been to Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base? Share your experiences!