“Expensive for what you get”

Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base
Ranked #31 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed October 11, 2007

The rack rate at this property was over $100 in the off season. I had a coupon and my rate was $79 which was more in the range this motel should have been charging. This is a motel style property.The indoor pool and hottub are in the front of the property next to the front desk. Everyone who comes into the lobby has a clear view of pool users. I prefer a little privacy when using the pool.

• Stayed: September 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Steelmill

Reviewed November 24, 2006

I stayed there some months ago this year...Was a nice place to stay also convenient to downtown norfolk and also to Naval Station base since i in navy there...room was nice and great service to and also has free wifi in the room

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank crazyrob79
Reviewed September 25, 2006

our stay was great! it was a very nice clean hotel. the staff was very friendly and helpful. the continental breakfasts weren't shabby either. they had scrambled eggs 1 day and waffles another. the price thru priceline was very low. only thing we didnt like was that it was 30 minutes from virginia beach.. but they did have some stuff to do in norfolk.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank maggiebr
Reviewed May 21, 2006

This hotel is a convenient place to stay if you have family attending ODU. I stayed there and had a decent time - the staff was really hospitable and the room was very clean. Beds were above average for comfort. The bathroom was spacious and very clean, as well.

The walkways to the rooms and staircases are a bit worn and a little dirty. It also features rooms that are entered from the outside, rather than within the inside of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2006
5  Thank MNBallroomDancer
Reviewed March 18, 2005

I had a wonderful time at the Comfort Inn Norfolk Naval Station! The room was great! Next time I go to Norfolk, I hope to be staying there. We really got a great deal on Priceline $34. The staff were very kind and gracious to my whole group that was traveling. Two thumbs up!!

• Stayed: March 2005
5  Thank housj
Reviewed August 26, 2004

Stayed one night here in August 04. Motel is older building, undergoing some renovation to the lobby (the rooms need it as well). No interior halls, so all rooms exit to outside walk way - parking. Lots of noise from cars and people just outside your room. I stayed in a non-smoking room, but you would not know it (stale smoke smell!) as well as a damp feeling to the room.

5  Thank Travelten
A TripAdvisor Member
Fairfax, VA
Reviewed May 6, 2003

My friends and I were planning to attend a concert in Norfolk during Memorial Day weekend of 2002 (May). I booked two rooms at this hotel because I liked the location and pricing. One week before the concert was scheduled, it was cancelled. So I called the hotel (I spoke with a young lady at the front desk), and cancelled the rooms. I kept the cancellation number for three months to make sure charges didn't appear on my credit card statements. In July I was cleaning out my office and, since I had not been charged, I threw away the number. Then in August I received another credit card statement that showed that I had payed for two rooms in JULY (not May, but JULY) at that hotel. I spoke with managers, and even the girl that I cancelled with, and they didn't care. Then they said they would look into and never called me back (and refused to take my calls). My credit card company investigated it and claimed that I stayed there in July!!! So please beware when making reservations at this hotel... :(

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member