$123
$102
$124
$115
1,010 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungeshula's restaurantpiano bartypical marriottcorner roomroom servicenorfolk watersidegranby streetvalet parkingview of the riveruss wisconsinmacarthur center mallvalet servicehotel is in a great locationper dayelizabeth riverdowntown area
Reviewed July 29, 2007

Great value for the price (we paid $106 all inclusive for a monday night). Beautiful rooms with decent views. If you are a smoker, beware! Beware of priceline/hotwire that is! They DO NOT tell you that it's a non-smoking hotel and there's a $250 room charge if you smoke. We attended a concert and wanted to have an after show get-together, but we wouldnt do it in our room! Parking is a rip in Norfolk. It's $14-$19/day in public garages. There is no free parking in Norfolk. Forget about it!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2007

I love this hotel. It is in downtown and is the nicest hotel in Norfolk. Valet is about $30 per day but there is a deck (with a walkway from the hotel on the 3rd floor) that is less expensive. Everyone there is friendly and the heated pool is great for the kids. My favorite things are the restaurant. BEST hamburger I have ever had. The steak was amazing. The view from the 6th fl terrace is also awesome. You have to go check it out. It is a great place to meet people or just hang out. Finally, there is a mini-Starbucks in the lobby. I love this place. I got an upgrade for free to the Hospitality suite so I was in heaven during our last stay. The products in the bathroom are Bath and Bodyworks so I always keep them to use later. My favorite Norfolk hotel. PS-I usually stay at 4 or 5 star hotels. I will do an occasional 3 star. This one is great. If you go during the week, however, there are often conferences so the elevator can be slow.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 25, 2007

We stayed at Marriot Waterside 7/21 & 7/22. We stayed in room 1904 and paid $161 and $131 for the second night. The hotel is in a great location and you can reach almost all attractions by foot. The hotel was clean and nice but for a 4 or 5 star hotel I would have expected better experience. Most of my irritations can be blamed on poor service personnel. I can’t say it was one big thing that irritated me but a combination of things. First, on Saturday at 5pm they were filling the swimming pool. It was only ½ full. Also, one of the hot tubs was not working. Not a big deal but not what you would expect from a Marriot. Next, both telephones in the room were inoperable because of the static on the line. Also, the room was rather noisy. You could here a guy throwing up throwing up on Saturday night at 4am and someone’s alarm going off at 5:30am. Late Sunday afternoon my kids wanted to swim again. There were no towels in the pool area. We waited an hour thinking someone would be bringing towels. I went to the front desk and asked for towels. The lady at the desk called Taneka in housekeeping to send some towels up to the pool. Forty-five minutes later we still didn’t have any towels. I went to the desk again and the women called Taneka a second time. We waited another 15 minutes and finally just left.
The women at the desk didn’t seem all that concerned. She acted as if our request for towels was unreasonable. This same women also told us that all of the restaurants in the waterside market were closed on Sunday night which was not true. Would I stay here again? The answer is no. I probably would stay outside the city and drive in to tour the city or stay on the other side of the river and take the ferry over.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank RM6329
rhenley9, General Manager at Norfolk Waterside Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

It is disappointing when a guest leaves and feels they did not have their expectations met nor does it reflect the high standards of customer service that we set. While we never like to read that, we are always grateful for the feedback so that we may address the issues with our team.

Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences you may have experienced. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Reviewed July 23, 2007

My husband and I had a three night stay at this hotel. The breakfast buffet was excellent and the waitresses were friendly and quick. The bed was very comfy but I found the room to be small. Our rate was $119 a night and $26 a day for valet. We were there with 400 others for a national meeting. The elevators were extremly slow (during our events) so we often had to ride the elevator up, only to get a ride down to the lobby. Starbucks in the lobby is a nice touch even though there is a Starbucks directly across the street, too. An awful storm caused the satellite to go out so we were without the tv for awhile. During checkout, it took 35 minutes for the bellman to come to the room. Because of the shipyard employees, 5pm traffic is horrible here near the tunnels. But, our major problem with this hotel was the valet driver who drove our vehicle from the garage to the hotel on a flat tire. The tire and rim were ruined, costing over $500 to repair! We contacted hotel management, who then called security and they were wonderful about getting answers on what happened. Photos were taken, paperwork was written and we were reimbursed after getting estimates. Luckily, we had a spare and got home safely with no extra tire in the trunk. Our meeting here was wonderful, so all is forgiven. We are Marriott Silver Rewards members so this incident won't keep us away from using Marriott again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Isky
rhenley9, General Manager at Norfolk Waterside Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Reviewed July 21, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Waterside as a weekend getaway without the kids. We were not disappointed. The hotel was close to dining, shopping, and entertainment. We parked our car in the parking deck on Friday(14 dollars a day) and did not have to drive anywhere the entire weekend. The beds were extremely comfortable. We were disappointed that they did not have any king size beds available and I probably would have made a bigger deal of it if the bedding had not been so comfortable (soft duvet with down comforter). The double beds were a bit small for both of us to sleep in one bed but we figured out a way to have our cake and eat it too :-). The hotel staff was friendly and the room was very clean. I have stayed at the Sheraton which is closer to the water than the Marriott, but the Marriott is far superior.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kweddle
rhenley9, General Manager at Norfolk Waterside Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you so very much for staying with us and taking the time to provide your comments. We look forward to your next visit to the Norfolk Waterside Marriott Hotel.

Best wishes for continued safe travels.