1,023 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungeshula's restaurantpiano bartypical marriottcorner roomnorfolk watersideroom servicegranby streetvalet parkinguss wisconsinmacarthur center mallvalet servicewater viewhotel is in a great locationper dayelizabeth rivertwo blocks
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed here for one night on our way to the Outer Banks. Typical Marriott property. Great downtown location (close to restaurants), comfortable bedding, very friendly and helpful staff, great fitness facility.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
NorWatMar, General Manager at Norfolk Waterside Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

We are glad that you had a wonderful stay with us on your way to the Outer Banks. In speaking with our guests, a lot of people traveling to the OBX use us a midway point and we are more than happy to take care of everyone. In addition, it gives them an opportunity to enjoy the hospitality that the wonderful city of Norfolk has to offer.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I recently attended a convention at the Marriott and can't say enough good things about the hotel and the staff. I was at their hotel for 8 nights and when we were checking in the lobby was full of two bus loads of people who had just returned from a tour. The staff was friendly and very efficient. I had the opportunity to work with Tara Margiotta in the sales office and she worked tirelessly to see that everything went smoothly for us for the entire week. The Banquet Captain George and the entire banquet staff were extremely pleasant and accommodated our members who had some food allergy issues. I also met one of the engineers, Anthony, who saw I needed some assistance getting some things on the elevator...he came to my rescue and helped me get my things to my meeting room. Food was great at all of our meal functions. And the location was great...lots of good restaurants within waIking distance. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rosalee E

Thank you for saying a lot of good things about the hotel and staff. As we keep telling our staff, that our guest more often remember the people and not the physical hotel. You are proof positive that this is the case as in your comments about Tara, George and Anthony.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My first impression was how the front desk personnel went above and beyond what was expected. They were very professional, friendly and helpful. They explained all of my parking options (valet, validated through them for a fee, or self-parking) and they made sure I knew that it would be much cheaper if I just bypass them altogether because it was possible to go end and out on the same ticket ($13/day) or if I would not be spending a lot of time in the hotel it might be cheaper to pay as you go. As a gold elite member they also explained my breakfast options (the concierge lounge is not open on weekends but breakfast is now free for gold elite and above members 7 days/week). Although I could have gotten a voucher to eat in the restaurant they also gave me the option of 750 points.

I had a corner concierge level room (23rd floor) which provided spectacular views in two directions. The room had lots of dresser/closet space, large flat screen television, computer chair with removable desk on wheels, sitting chair, single cup coffee maker, hidden mini-fridge (microwave available on request).

They have a large gift shop/market store, business center with 3 computers, printer, copier and fax, ATM, luggage storage area for people arriving early. There is also a Shula's grill/bar, and restaurant/piano lounge.

This is a very elegant hotel and I highly recommend it, however, if you are driving I recommend doing self-parking (there is a covered sky-walk between the hotel and garage on the 3rd floor)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank gilbertgl

Thank you for your wonderful comments about your recent stay with us at the Norfolk Waterside Marriott. We are glad that our front desk went above and beyond what you expected. From your comments it looks like we provided all the amentities that you needed during your stay. The next time your head south on 95, we hope you stop by and see us again.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here for four nights in July. The bed was very comfortable and I had a fantastic waterside view. The bathroom was small and the shower had a drainage problem...but I always shower in hotels with flip flops so this was no huge deal. I ordered a kids meal breakfast one morning and it was excellent....enough food for an adult. The valet at this hotel is awful....it's in front of the entrance, which is on the street with enough room for about eight cars. The banquet food was just ok. The best thing about this hotel was the room being on the 24th floor. The 25th floor was the concierge floor. Their free hot breakfast was included with my room charge and it was excellent. The grits and fruit were delicious!. Free water and soda is always a plus in the summer when traveling. I was sad that it was closed Saturday morning. There was also a computer available up there with a printer. The plasma tvs and daily newspapers near the food were a special touch. This hotel is a two block walk from McArthur mall....the huge downtown mall has a movie theatre and food court.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Isky
NorWatMar, General Manager at Norfolk Waterside Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

We are glad that you were able to enjoy the services provided by our concierge lounge. We are saddened by the fact that your first review in 2007 also called us a "decent hotel." We try everyday to improve our hospitality to each and every one our our guest, and in this case we have failed. The next time you travel north on 95, come see us again with the hope that we can provide you a wonderful hotel.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I must say that I have rarely (if at all) encountered such a friendly staff EAGAR to assist and make my stay pleasant.

I stayed in this hotel at the end of June for the purpose of attending a wedding. I am a consultant and spend alot of time in and out of various hotels. While I always note good customer service, what catches my attention is service above and beyond the typical. That is the type service and experience that I had at this Marriott. Everyone had big smiles and they were sincere in wanting to assit! Kudos and keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank EZ_Traveling
NorWatMar, General Manager at Norfolk Waterside Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments abour your recent visit to the Norfolk Waterside Marriott. We strive everyday to exceed the expectations of everyone of our guest with the hopes of making a memorable impression such as yours.