1,023 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungeshula's restaurantpiano barcorner roomnorfolk watersideroom servicegranby streetvalet parkinguss wisconsinmacarthur center mallvalet servicewater viewhotel is in a great locationper dayelizabeth rivertwo blocksdowntown area
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a great spot downtown and easy to walk anywhere. The naval museum is blocks away as is the big mall and a metro stops even closer. Checkin was easy and the staffs very professional. The only issue we had with the hotel is our stay was in June and it was freezing everywhere in this hotel. The lobby, hallways and especially conference rooms. So be prepared unless its 100 outside. The pool is indoors but there's a nice deck next to it outside. Parking cost and I recommend the self parking in the city garage right across from it for $12 a day and it has walkway on the 3rd floor. Shulas restaurant is a really nice place and its inside the hotel. I'd recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Banny9949
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed at this Marriott for a conference. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. My room was just what I needed. The bed was sooooo comfortable I would have liked to bring it home with me. The only negative I found was that high speed internet was only available in your room for a fee of $9.95 per day. You could go to the lobby and it was free.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
rhenley9, General Manager at Norfolk Waterside Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

On behalf of the entire team, thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at the Norfolk Waterside Marriott Hotel Comments like yours truly inspire us to work harder every day to exceed our guests’ expectations always striving for Excellence. We can’t wait till our next opportunity to serve you and your family when your travels next bring you to Norfolk.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I'm a Marriott Gold card holder and stay with them whenever / wherever. Retrned to the Waterside in Norfolk, VA for the first time in 6-7yrs and wasn't disappointed. Rooms spotless and comfortable and Schula's as dependable as ever. The girls behind the bar are great as is the food and wine / beer selection. Up to standard !!

Room Tip: river frontage rooms are best
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
rhenley9, General Manager at Norfolk Waterside Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Our Team highly appreciates your fantastic review. Thank you so very much for staying with us and taking the time to provide your comments. We look forward to your next visit to wonderful Norfolk Waterside Marriott Hotel. Best wishes for continued safe travels.

Robert Henley

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Nice hotel in great location. Loved being in the middle of downtown. Excellent meeting rooms and lounge. Very accommodating to our family wedding needs. They held a prom while we stayed and other than the kids dressed up, the activity did not interfere at all with riding the elevator, eating or sleeping.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
rhenley9, General Manager at Norfolk Waterside Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

We are glad that you enjoyed your time at the Norfolk Waterside Marriott Hotel in the heart of downtown Norfolk. We are in a perfect location whether your trip brings you to Norfolk for business or pleasure. We will be sure to pass the kind words about our staff on to them. Again we are glad you enjoyed yourself and we look forward to seeing you soon. Thanks for taking the time post your experience on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed here while in town to take in a show at Chrysler Hall. Had to circle the block when I first went by due to the limited area in front of the hotel being full. On my second trip by there was an empty place and I took it. Left my vehicle with the valet and went to check in. Check-in was very quick and efficient. Loved the room on the 21st floor with the harbor/river view. Room was clean and nice. Would stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeffrey W

Thank you for the wonderful comments and rating! Sounds like everything you experienced from the room to the Location was all around fabulous - and we could not be happier for you to share that. By the sounds of your review title, you will be visiting again - we look forward it!