1,022 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungeshula's restaurantpiano bartypical marriottcorner roomnorfolk watersideroom servicegranby streetvalet parkinguss wisconsinmacarthur center mallvalet servicewater viewhotel is in a great locationper dayelizabeth rivertwo blocks
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Wife and I spent the Memorial weekend in Downtown Norfolk. Excellent location and within walking distance to the waterfront, downtown restaurants, museums and McArthur Mall (best one in the area). Our room seemed to have an odor as soon as we arrived (like it has been shut up for a while) but quickly corrected itself as soon as we cut on the air and it started circulating. The rooms where smaller than we are accustom too but extremely clean. Excellent view of harbour. The only "complaint" would be the sink is not shut off from the room with a door. I am an early raiser (wife is not) and was unable to shave and get ready without cutting on the lights and waking her. Didn't really "explore" the hotel until we were checking out. Exercise area, pool and outdoor hot-tub (with a fabulous view overlooking harbor) located on 6th floor. Low-key panio bar located on the 2nd floor. Staff was very attentive. Starbucks located across the street. The parking was a little confusing with on of the streets closed due to construction (recommend deck "across the street" on Main Street). $12 a day... valet service is available. I would highly recommend this hotel for travelers visiting Norfolk.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Chris J
rhenley9, General Manager at Norfolk Waterside Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for selecting the Norfolk Waterside Marriott Hotel for your Memorial Weekende get-away. I'm glad you found the hotel comfortable and relaxing. Our team makes every effort to provide a relaxing atmosphere.

Thank you! We hope you will return very soon!

All my best,

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed here for business. Normal Marriott, but you can't beat the location. Lots of places to eat with in a short walk. Mall 2 blocks away, water across the street. Food for events is rather expensive.

Room Tip: see if you can get a corner room...nice big windows
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
rhenley9, General Manager at Norfolk Waterside Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

What a pleasure it was having you stay with us at the Norfolk Waterside Marriott Hotel. We look forward to welcoming your return the next time you are visiting Norfolk.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have been to this hotel with my family several times. It is one of my favorite hotels. I love the proximity to Nauticus and the mall. I love the concierge service for night time snacks/drinks and the morning breakfast! I love the view of the harbor - especially at night with the lights flickering. The pool is indoor and very nice for the kids. There is a nice exercise room also.

The true test of a hotel is how they treat you when things go wrong. This last trip was not flawless but the hotel took care of every problem. I did not feel like the front desk person treated me very nicely this trip so I asked for a manager. When I got hold of the manager, he took care of the problem immediately. I was very happy with the way he handled the problem for me. We had friends from CA with us on this trip. Our friend had a problem with a charge on his credit card. Again, I called the hotel and the problem was resolved immediately.

I believe that the management staff at this hotel is very concerned and attentive! They truly want their guests to have an extraordinary visit.

Room Tip: I love the concierge level rooms overlooking the harbor! I think all the rooms are nice. It is a quiet location. No interstate to worry about. Very little city traffic. I felt very safe walking in the area.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hot-tea-and-Scones
rhenley9, General Manager at Norfolk Waterside Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

On behalf of the entire team, thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at the Norfolk Waterside Marriott Hotel We are so humbled by your feedback and we truly value your loyalty!

Comments like yours truly inspire us to work harder every day to exceed our guests’ expectations always striving for Excellence. We can’t wait till our next opportunity to serve you and your family when your travels next bring you to Norfolk.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is a nice hotel, comfortable & clean & well located. However, there is a $ 10.00 daily fee
for WiFi. I think that is pretty sad in view of the fact that Holiday Inn Express & Hampton Inns
both offer free WiFi. Anything to gouge a customer, I guess. Anyway, it leaves me with a bad
Impression in an otherwise pleasant stay. Shame on Marriott !

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Charlotte_NCMsmartha

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay, and the service that our staff provided. Your comments will be expressed to them. We are fully aware that you have many choices in hotels and are happy that you continue to allow us to the opportunity of serving you!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Spent 3 nights here on business. Hotel is a typical Marriott but the location is great, right on the river and close to downtown Norfolk. USS Wisconsin and the McArthur Centre are both just a short walk away and the ferry to Potsmouth departs from just outside. I had a good sized room on the 6th floor with a comfortable bed and views of the dockyard and Portsmouth. The breakfast buffet was OK with omlettes made to order and the restaurant overlooks the river. Other pluses were the friendly staff and free wifi. Would definitely consider staying here again when in Norfolk.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
rhenley9, General Manager at Norfolk Waterside Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

We do hope that you will find your way back to Norfolk and to the Norfolk Waterside Marriott Hotel sometime soon. Thank you very much for your review which mentions our convenient proximity to the Downtown Entertainment District with its many dining and entertainment options. We hope to see you again soon!