“Rude and Discusting”

Ramada Limited Norfolk
Ranked #29 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed October 9, 2009

My first impression of this motel was greeted by the local prostitute making her rounds in the parking lot. Kid you not, the manager came out and shouted across the parking lot, "hey, I told you yesterday, not so close to the front!" REALLY!!?? The room we were given was sufficiently clean, considering the wall paper was peeling, revealing a not-so-light sprinkling of mold. The bed was suprisingly comfortable though. The next morning, my husband wasn't feeling well enough to leave for breakfast, so cautiously I decided to go the lobby for the fare. I made a small plate of toast and a scary hard boiled egg and a cup of coffee for him to take back to the room, but just as I turned around to walk out the door, I was greeted by a manager who rudely took the food out of my hands saying "no take food out of lobby". When I explained my husband was ill, he said "sorry, there sign on wall". Needless to say after that, we left.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ramada Limited Norfolk

Reviewed March 26, 2009

Our family got together for a funeral, it was a hard time for everyone. When we first arrived to the hotel, it was older than we expected, exterior orridors, etc. But as soon as we entered, we were greeted with so much sincere care and warmth, they made us feel they really understood our grief. All the staff went out of their way to make sure we were well taken care of. Sometimes, it's not the hotel with the biggest pool, the largest rooms, but the staff that is so great. I got to see the staff treat others in the same special way they did us.
The rooms were clean, quiet and everything we needed was in walkng distance.
I am writing this before we leave the hote, I want to make sure I don't forget to. So many times people only write whenthey are angry, I am writing because I am so pleased.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank finder07
Reviewed September 2, 2008

I advised no one to stay here, it has roaches, the furniture is out-of-
date, and it's definitely not worth your money.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2007

We found the Ramada Limited through a coupon book. It is a no frills motel: single king size bed, TV, microwave, coffee machine, and fridge. There is wifi internet, but the signal was very weak in our room. The prior reviews notwithstanding, the room was clean and the heat/ac operated well. We tend towards the budget motels and this seemed to be OK. It’s on a busy highway near I-264 in Norfolk, and there are a number of other motels, restaurants, and shopping centers nearby. As with other budget motels, you tend to get tradesmen staying there while they are in town doing business. We had a number of children in the room above jumping around, making some noise. I would suggest getting a second floor room if you can haul your bags up one flight of stairs. The Continental Breakfast was pretty good, and the dining area bright and clean. There is a desktop computer in the lobby that you can use. Overall, we’d probably return if we’re in the area.

Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed August 20, 2007

We chose the hotel based on the name. Lets begin with the fact that the room we reserved on-line was not available to us. We were forced to sit in the lobby for 30 mins while they checked on the progress of the room. They finally told us that they would not be able to accomidate us and would have to downgrade our room. Which by the way took even longer. The room smelled of stale cigarette smoke, mold and mildew. The sheets and comforter had holes and burn marks in them. The blow dryer did not work. We were there for three days an no one came to remove the trash take our the dirty towels and replace them with new ones, housekeeping did not clean the room though we specifically requested that they at least vacuum. I finally got to the point that I was picking up my linens and towels from the front desk and placed the used items in plastics bags outside our door so they would have to pick up. The doors did not close unless you pulled with great force. This hotel looked as though they took a Best Western and just slapped Ramada over it. They didn't even take the time to remove the old number plates on the doors and just covered them with the new appropriately colored Ramada plates. The staff was rude, and acted as though our simple requests were a burden. Please do not waste your money on a room here. If you want a cheap room their is a Days Inn down the street.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Nora789
Reviewed June 25, 2007

I stayed her for a family reunion weekend on the 16 of june 2007. Donot stay here the rooms are not clean my 6 year old found a pizza box and trash under the bed.The room have been updated but they are dirty. It is very ghetto outside is dirty and nasty.I stayed in room 263 I bet that pizza box is still there under the bed. Please stay away from this hotel

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank nailsbynita
Reviewed June 3, 2007

Fellow Travelers.....This is like buyer beware....my daughter and I were booked at this establishment (6-1-2007). We were very disappointed with the way the entire property looked from the outside. Doors to several rooms were open upon our arrival.....just by looking in we had very bad vibes about staying there. I called Hotwire from the parking lot to voice my concern and told them we just couldn't stay under these conditions. We were told we would have to check in and if the room did not meet our standards ask to see another room and if that one did not meet our standards to call Hotwire back and they would see what they could do. I told the guy repeatedly..."you don't understand...these rooms are filthy!' I could
see we were doomed to stay.....but.....I could not come up with enough courage to do so. Needless to say I took one on the chin and decided it would be better to just pay it but to find another room. We did just that. We were able to book at the Doubletree just across
the street and had a nice clean room. I have certainly learned a lesson.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business