“Please do not stay here!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Limited Norfolk

Ramada Limited Norfolk
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
FRANKLIN
“Please do not stay here!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2008

I advised no one to stay here, it has roaches, the furniture is out-of-
date, and it's definitely not worth your money.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Not getting what I paid for.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fairfax, Va.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2007

We found the Ramada Limited through a coupon book. It is a no frills motel: single king size bed, TV, microwave, coffee machine, and fridge. There is wifi internet, but the signal was very weak in our room. The prior reviews notwithstanding, the room was clean and the heat/ac operated well. We tend towards the budget motels and this seemed to be OK. It’s on a busy highway near I-264 in Norfolk, and there are a number of other motels, restaurants, and shopping centers nearby. As with other budget motels, you tend to get tradesmen staying there while they are in town doing business. We had a number of children in the room above jumping around, making some noise. I would suggest getting a second floor room if you can haul your bags up one flight of stairs. The Continental Breakfast was pretty good, and the dining area bright and clean. There is a desktop computer in the lobby that you can use. Overall, we’d probably return if we’re in the area.

Stayed October 2007
Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2007

We chose the hotel based on the name. Lets begin with the fact that the room we reserved on-line was not available to us. We were forced to sit in the lobby for 30 mins while they checked on the progress of the room. They finally told us that they would not be able to accomidate us and would have to downgrade our room. Which by the way took even longer. The room smelled of stale cigarette smoke, mold and mildew. The sheets and comforter had holes and burn marks in them. The blow dryer did not work. We were there for three days an no one came to remove the trash take our the dirty towels and replace them with new ones, housekeeping did not clean the room though we specifically requested that they at least vacuum. I finally got to the point that I was picking up my linens and towels from the front desk and placed the used items in plastics bags outside our door so they would have to pick up. The doors did not close unless you pulled with great force. This hotel looked as though they took a Best Western and just slapped Ramada over it. They didn't even take the time to remove the old number plates on the doors and just covered them with the new appropriately colored Ramada plates. The staff was rude, and acted as though our simple requests were a burden. Please do not waste your money on a room here. If you want a cheap room their is a Days Inn down the street.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything- this was a horrible hotel
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Nora789
north carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2007

I stayed her for a family reunion weekend on the 16 of june 2007. Donot stay here the rooms are not clean my 6 year old found a pizza box and trash under the bed.The room have been updated but they are dirty. It is very ghetto outside is dirty and nasty.I stayed in room 263 I bet that pizza box is still there under the bed. Please stay away from this hotel

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank nailsbynita
usa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2007

Fellow Travelers.....This is like buyer beware....my daughter and I were booked at this establishment (6-1-2007). We were very disappointed with the way the entire property looked from the outside. Doors to several rooms were open upon our arrival.....just by looking in we had very bad vibes about staying there. I called Hotwire from the parking lot to voice my concern and told them we just couldn't stay under these conditions. We were told we would have to check in and if the room did not meet our standards ask to see another room and if that one did not meet our standards to call Hotwire back and they would see what they could do. I told the guy repeatedly..."you don't understand...these rooms are filthy!' I could
see we were doomed to stay.....but.....I could not come up with enough courage to do so. Needless to say I took one on the chin and decided it would be better to just pay it but to find another room. We did just that. We were able to book at the Doubletree just across
the street and had a nice clean room. I have certainly learned a lesson.

• Liked — Nothing...didn't stay there too filthy
  • Disliked — Again nothing couldn't make myself stay there.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank BuyerBewareUsa
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2005

For the price the rooms were nice. And they were clean... I did not have a bad experience personally I heard that they recetly remodeled there were new irons clean linens refrigerators and clean floors. The staff went out of their way to help accomadate our needs.
The lady at the front desk was so helpful. We had to leave another hotel because the conditions were terrible. She set us up in a nice clean room Thanks for the stay... & all your help!!!
North Carolina Resident

• Stayed July 2005
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2004

I'll paint you a picture...Picture three young ladies driving through the night down from Boston, for a weekend getaway, and arriving to what we thought seemed by online description and pictures to be a reasonable establishment. OH GOOD GOD! Not only were we tired from our 10 hour drive and all we wanted was to get some sleep before venturing out that evening. The hotel staff quotes a 12pm check-in time we were not able to check in until 3pm, leaving us sleeping in our car at a nearby Walmart! So 3pm rolls around we are extremly happy to finally be getting to sleep in a "bed". We opened the door to the room, and nearly fainted from the smell of mildew and urine. Also we were suprised to find the windows were yellow and the curtins had what seemed to be (and I kid you not when I say this) blood stains on them. Also, other problems included: Ripped wallpaper (falling off the walls mind you), A hole in the wall next to the bathroom, a fridge in the room that froze our leftovers from the evening's meal (on a regular setting), Our room safe as the onlyone (so they say) that was malfuntioned, and a matress that smacked me in the head when sittng at the edge of the bed!
Thankfully we were onlystaying there one night, some of us were so disgusted that we saught out other sleeping arrangements from friends in town. Take my advice STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THE RAMADA LIMITED ON NORTH MILITARY HWY! YOU'LL THANK US!

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member