“I didn't think I'd get out alive”

Ramada Limited Norfolk
Ranked #29 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife and I went to stay here with our 5 year old daughter and 7 year old son. The first thing we noticed as my wife got out of the carto check in was a Colt 45 beer can on the curb side. The second thing was the lobby looked like a run down convenience store. After receiving our key we proceeded around the back of the motel noticing a lot of people "hanging" out in their cars and outside their rooms. We felt very uneasy but we're always up for an adventure. We parked and found our way to our room through garbage and half eaten food thrown on the sidewalks and steps. There was a group of "ladies" sitting in metal chairs outside a room we passed. The room (if it can even be called that) was one of the worst motel rooms I've ever seen! My 5 year old asked if we had to stay there?! When a 5 year old can determine if a place is not sanitary enough to sleep in, then something is wrong! I did use the bathroom to only find three flat towels thrown on the shelf amd one appeared to have been used. We then quickly discovered "bugs" on the beds, crawling on the walls and the floor! We quickly packed up our stuff and got out of there! We drove back around to the front and informed the front desk that we would not be staying there! I recommend the same! PLEASE DON'T STAY HERE!!!! Unless you want to bring roaches and God knows what else home with you in your bags, clothes, hair, whatever, I would not stay here!! They should close this place down and the police should really start doing there jobs around this area to get rid of the trash!

• Stayed: August 2013
ramadanorfolk, Manager at Ramada Limited Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2014

This was not our location at all! Please call 1-800-272-6232 this was a customer care issue in
My Portal That hotel has since been closed.....

Reviewed August 29, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 28, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 14, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Always peaceful however the guy working nights is rude, the beds are kinda hard and the maids should clean the bathroom way better than they do if they do. The shower could use a good bleaching. Most of the time I arrive late at night tired from a 7hr drive so I don't want to check in then have to find an all night store to buy bleach to clean the bathroom if I do I think a discount is in order. I hate dirt even the look of it so 59.00 to stay isn't worth it unless the bathroom is spotless. Toilet seat also need to be replaced.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you on both issues they were addressed thank you continuing to visit us...

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Hotel is in great walking distance to Malls and Restaurants. The front desk and housekeeping staff were professional and prompt. The pool and exercise rooms are also a plus. The continental breakfast was right on time considering I was late catching a cab to the airport which was only about a 10 minutes away.

Room Tip: rooms 200-210 have a view of Military Highway which is great especially at night.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
ramadanorfolk, Manager at Ramada Limited Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Thanks so very much! In this business you take the good with the bad! But every once in a while you get a home!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

WWas horrable got charger 105 a night and when i walked in room there was tampon sticks on counter seaman stains on sheets and horrable service was very ashamed to propose to my gf in this room room was not what i expected. Very disappointed the people really said it was a great hotel at counter they were wrong i will never go there again and never tell anyone to go there

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

In this case you would love a redo! But as I would reach out to any guest please contact me at
757-461-1880 and we would like to make it right if at all possible.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Norfolk
Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport
Courtyard Virginia Beach Norfolk
Courtyard Virginia Beach Norfolk
#53 of 109 in Virginia Beach
La Quinta Inn Norfolk Virginia Beach
La Quinta Inn Norfolk Virginia B...
#57 of 109 in Virginia Beach

Been to Ramada Limited Norfolk? Share your experiences!