WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Nauticus

Nauticus
Ranked #4 of 65 things to do in Norfolk
More attraction details
Owner description: Educational site that allows visitors to learn about sea with interactive exhibits and touch pools.
Centreville, Virginia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Something for Everyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

My son and I recently visited the Nauticus after visiting it perhaps 10 years ago. I would definitely say the museum has something for all ages. He's a 16 year old history buff and we spent at least 2.5 hours self touring the deck and various levels of the USS Wisconsin. Tons of information! Inside there are many many hands on activities for little ones from playing dress up in various sailor uniforms to a hands on shark petting exhibit or horseshoe crab display. I highly recommend a stop at the Nauticus if you are in Norfolk or looking for a quick day trip from the beach. It is also in walking distance to several chain restaurants - Joe's Crab Shack, Outback, Hooters - which all share a river view. There is also a closely neighborhood on Grandby Street with many smaller local options. Nearby hotels include the Sheraton and a Marriott.

Washington, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fun for the whole family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband wanted to see the Wisconsin and we ended up spending the ENTIRE day there. We did the Spy Ship activity which I think helped keep myself and daughter interested; however, it has you going back and forth on the same parts of the ship so my husband didn't get to see the things he wanted to before the ship closed. So depending on what you want to get out of your visit..... you may or may not want to do that.
There was not a restaurant onsite so that was a disappointment and something I wish I had known.

Zelienople
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Very Interesting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

We thought this Center may be somewhat dull, but we were wrong. It was very interesting with displays that made sense. We made the trip to tour the Battleship Wisconsin which is on display beside the Center. The Wisconsin, with it's long Military history was the highlight of the Nauticus Center

Darlington PA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A wonderful day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

A great way to spend a few hours, facilities were clean and the exhibits are all well put together -the staffing is nice and helpful. There is no lack of things to learn, do, and see. Fun for the whole family.

Denver, Colorado
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A lot of things didn't work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

I know for a hands on museum things are bound to be broken or computer simulators tend to crash but it was a bummer for my little brother who was excited to try the hands on exhibits. Thank goodness the U.S.S. Wisconsin saved the date. A very beautiful ship.