Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $78.48
from $53.99
from $59.83
More Info
All reviews battleship wisconsin naval history all ages interactive exhibits horseshoe crabs marine life the hampton roads naval museum nice museum third floor hands on activities combo ticket self guided tour kids and adults nautical museum ship tour gift shop whole family
Reviewed 2 days ago

Visited Nauticus on Norfolk waterfront in September 2018. Very good naval museum tracing the history of Norfolk and the U.S. Navy.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

What a fantastic museum detailing the history of the port here in Norfolk. I found it fascinating, and glad I visited. Ended up spending two hours here and another hour on USS Wisconsin.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We've been to Norfolk a few times before but never had a chance to experience Nauticus. The admission fee includes museum and the entrance to battleship Wisconsin. At the museum there are 3 floors of different exhibits, including shark lab and horseshoe crab tank - you can even touch them if not scared. I did not :-) Though we don't have kids we enjoyed our excursion. The most exciting part was navigating through battleship Wisconsin, really educational and you can see for yourself what living conditions were for the crew, how they made do with so little space on the ship. The ship was build in 1943 and was active till retired in 1996. If you love maritime museums Nauticus will offer extensive variety of programs and activities for your entire day, kids or no kids. Make sure that you are in decent physical shape if you want to get to see the battleship, you will have to climb and descend the stairs and go through tight spaces on the ship.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We did not budget near enough time for this attraction. I wasn’t paying attention when I planned for us to come here and the museum is absolutely fantastic! So don’t be like me - make sure you give yourself plenty of time to go through the museum. You could easily spend a couple of hours just going through the museum and then another couple of hours on the ship. The museum had lots of great interactive displays for children (and let’s be honest, the adults too!). The museum isn’t strictly military themed either, they discuss all types of ships and shipping. The battleship portion was fascinating. It is a lot of ladders and passageways you have to step over. My 7 year old managed it all fine. The ship is old and thus does have a strong musty smell. There is a parking garage right across the street from Nauticus on Main Street. We visited in October and it was easy to find a parking spot in this garage and the museum wasn’t crowded at all.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We expected to only spend an hour or two here. Could have spent 8! We spent 5, and would have stayed longer but they closed! This is a must see!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Possibly more then you ever wanted to know about naval warfare and particularly the WWII USS Wisconsin which is right next door. Very informative and interesting. Made for a great afternoon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was a great stop on our vacation!! Not too busy and everyone was super friendly! Touring the USS Wisconsin was the best experience I have ever had! To see what it would have been like to serve on a battleship was unbelievable.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family was floored by the awesome experience of the battleship tour. Everything about the tour was great, from our tour guide "Doug" and his presentation, to the big grey monster of war we toured. Absolutely a must return for the additional tours !!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very extensive museum, a lot of reading. Put together with love and a ton of research! Really helped me understand the role of the Navy and how it's importance came about. Go Navy!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited on a day when they were setting up for a big fund-raising gala that evening, so we were dodging catering crews throughout our visit. Still, it was an interesting visit, although I thought that there could have been a little more detail on the early days of our Navy. Having said that, there were a lot of interesting, interactive exhibits. We really liked the USS Wisconsin, which is docked next to the museum. We didn't like that you had to pay additional money for a more in-depth look at the ship (we didn't). Parking is kind of confusing- I wonder how many people drive in to the entrance of the museum, only to find that there is no parking onsite (with the exception of five handicapped spaces). No worries, though -there is a parking garage just across the street.