WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Naval Station Norfolk

Naval Station Norfolk
Ranked #7 of 65 things to do in Norfolk
More attraction details
Owner description: The oldest naval port in the United States that offers guided tours.
Morganfield, Kentucky
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Go Navy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Anyone in the area should visit and see what our Navy is doing to keep this country great. As a veteran, I strongly support our military, and urge others to visit here and see our men and women in action.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Bill B

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing sight to see!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

We went to visit my brother who is stationed there and he gave me a tour of the base. If you are ever curious where your tax dollars go and want to see what they are spent on, then go here! Those rows of ships are a reminder of how great we really are! I dont hink its open to the general public, but can always call and ask.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank nsgasbarre
Norfolk, Virginia
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Tourists deserve better!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

My Lady and I were born and reared in Norfolk thru high school. At 70, I’ve returned and retired in Norfolk, and she often visits from New York. The Navy and the Norfolk Naval Base have been an indelible part of our formative years. Perhaps it was just a bad day … but our bus tour with narration was just poorly done. Tourists deserve better!

Visited December 2013
4 Thank Beyondthebull
Lake Mary, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Navy Exchange”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

I really enjoy thie NEX, it is so big! You will find everything. I always take the day to go shop then have lunch. The commissary is also huge and you can go grocery shopping also! Everything in on spot. Love prices most of all.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank pdagosti3
Quito
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

While it was interesting to visit the largest naval base in the world, it was disappointing that we didn't get closer to the ships and that the bus drove by them so quickly with no pause at all except for at one point far from the shore where we were allowed to take pictures from the bus. The active duty sailor who narrated the tour had given the tour so many times that she talked so fast and made several mistakes, having to repeat what she said. She also couldn't answer some basic questions. The tour needs to be revitalized because it could be very, very interesting.

Visited October 2013