“Will exceed expectations”

Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Alhambra, California
“Will exceed expectations”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I am orginally from Virginia. I moved away & come back often to visit and stay with friends & family. This trip, however, I needed to actually book a hotel. I searched for one near the airport as I assumed that would be convenient. This hotel received the best ratings. I wasn't expecting much since it was low priced and near the airport but was pleasantly surprised at how great it was!

Hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating. Check-in was quick and efficient. We had a very nice room on the 4th floor. A huge king sized bed that was very comfortable. Though they lose a few points with only having down pillows. I prefer a more supportive pillow. Though I did not ask if they had any I could substitute. So if this is important you may want to ask in advance. Large flatscreen tv, desk & chair were also in the room. Everything was clean and neat and in great condition.

The sink was outside the actual bathroom which I liked. It helps when more than one person is trying top get ready. The bathroom itself was pretty standard. Nice sized tub. My only complaint being that the shower head was really far up on the wall so by the time the water hits you the pressure isn't as good. But definitely not a deal breaker. Bathroom was clean. Our toilet didn't flush very well but you adapt.

There were also the standard amenities...hairdryer, iron, ironing board. But also a microwave and refrigerator. Very nice! The hotel also offer self laundry facilities. They even have detergent for you to purchase. Just bring your quarters! They also offer free continental breakfast but we did not partake.

We kept the fan on our air conditioner on all night because we prefer white noise so I can't say if the hotel was particularly noisy or not. It did not seem so.

I would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

Please note that the only reason I didn't give a 5 or "excellent" rating was more the location than the hotel itself. While I felt very safe there, the surrounding area isn't as nice as you would like it to be. However, lots of restaurants (fast food type) and shops have popped up and it does seem to be nicer than in previous years.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had to plan a last minute trip from Connecticut to the Norfolk, Virginia area for a job interview. I needed a pet friendly hotel otherwise I wouldn't have been able to make this trip happen. I was extremely pleased to learn that this hotel accommodated pets. That was a plus in my book! Audrey was a very helpful and professional young lady that facilitated booking my reservation. She was so kind and understanding to my last minute travel needs. When I arrived I was greeted by Ashley who also was very professional in her job duties.These two women should be recognized for polite customer service and I thank them so much for their help. I compliment them both for their help and appreciate their kindness. I was very happy with the accommodations here at La Quinta and I would definitely stay there again in the future. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Fort Belvoir, Virginia, USA
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed here being a little more affordable for my large family, pet, and close enough to drive to the beach. Everything was great expect for the breakfast, however there is an IHOP across the street which was wonderful! Only complaint was the uncomfortable beds and pillows after waking up...ergh! Hopefully, they will be replaced soon. Most of our time was not spent in the hotel, but at the beach which was a very short 10 minute drive to VA beach. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would come back again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Okeechobee, Florida
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Second time I have stayed here at the La Quinta in Norfolk near the airport. I stay here because my flights out leave very early in the morning and the hotel is just a short drive to the airport. The girls at the front desk are super nice and very accommodating. The rooms are clean, they have nice TV's, nice sheets and pillows, comfortable beds, great a/c and nice hot showers. The breakfast is good as well. Can't beat this place for the money!! Great value. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
florida
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I find La Quinta Inns can be very varied in their "presentability" . This one is a nice one. It rates in the class with a good Holiday Inn Express. Neat and clean. It will be very acceptable to you for a hotel in this class level.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Gloucester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

This would've been a 4 or 5 star review but for the breakfast service. It was 6-9, which is pretty standard for a weekday. Usually though this means no new food will be brought out after 9 and maybe hot plates will be switched off, but they won't pack things away till 9:30. I got down to the lobby at 9:02 and already everything but the coffee machine and yoghurts had been put away. I wasn't the only one down late, some families turned up at 9:10-15 and couldn't have anything as even the coffee machine had been switched off by then. You'd expect a grace period of at least 15mins. Everything else about the hotel was fine though.

• Stayed June 2013