“Great Experience”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Richmond, Virginia, USA
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I chose this hotel because it was rated the highest. It deserves that rating. I arrived later in the evening and was worried that I would have to park my car a distance from the hotel but I was able to park right in front of the lobby. The check in was quick and painless and my room was clean and very modern. There was some noise from the elevator nearby but it didn't stop me from going to sleep. Breakfast was fine, and check out was just as quick.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Virginia
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is the 5th or 6th time we've stayed at this La Quinta and we are never disappointed. The rooms are large (big enough for two queen size beds in case there are 4 adults), there is a refrigerator and microwave, the beds are very comfortable, the bathroom/toilet is huge and the rooms are very clean. The hotel is also very quiet so we really sleep well every time we stay here. We've stayed at the La Quinta close to Virginia Beach and that's also good, however, for the money, La Quinta at Norfolk Airport is hard to beat. We decided that we'll just stay at this Norfolk hotel and drive to Virginia beach if we want some beach action. Even if it's a few miles from the beach, this hotel's location is great -- close to a lot of restaurants and shopping malls. It is also quite close to the Norfolk Botanical Garden -- a place you should not miss when you want to see places other than Virginia Beach. The amenities are excellent also -- there is an ice machine and vending machine in every floor plus a laundry room that guests can use. In addition, there is a workout room, indoor pool and free wifi. The staff are very friendly and checking in or out is a breeze. What more can anyone ask for?

Room Tip: Breakfast is provided and it's better to take breakfast earlier than later.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Saratoga Springs
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband & I spent a weekend getaway in Norfolk area and especially enjoyed the hot tub at this hotel after walking all day at Colonial Williamsburg the first day & Busch Gardens the following day. Breakfast had enough choices to satisfy our finicky tastes. The check in/out was quickly accomplished by friendly staff and our first floor room was close to the fitness room and the pool & hot tub. Our king size bed was very comfy with 5 pillows. The room was very clean with no odor and had a thermostat to set the room temperature. A spacious feel was partly created by the very high ceiling. This hotel was quiet and located close to Interstate 64 and the Norfolk airport but without any traffic or low flying plane noises. There was adequate parking, motion sliding entrance doors, & an elevator for upper floors. I will stay here again when back in this area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

New Castle, Delaware
Reviewed September 19, 2012

While heading South, (relocated to Georgia), I decided to spend some time in Norfolk, visiting with family and friends. As I am a LQ Rewards member, I decided to use some of my points and ended up choosing this property. I have stayed at other LQ's before, and so, wasn't really expecting anything out of the usual for LQ's. As it was the Labor Day, weekend, I was surprised that they had rooms available, which led to some angst over what I was going to find upon my arrival.

Well, was I surprised!

I have to say that this LQ is more modern that some of the others I've stayed at. Upon entering the lobby, you're met with decor that is modern yet inviting and comfortable. The young lady who was behind the counter, was quite helpful and friendly, and came up with a way to ensure that I got into my room, even after there was a snafu (that neither of could understand until this day!) with both my credit card and debit card (for check-in).

Upon arriving to my room, I was again pleasantly surprised as it was not your typical/traditional La Quinta room. The bed was quite plush - although I've slept on some that just caused you to "melt", (i.e., Hyatt House). The only downside for me - it's a pet-friendly hotel.

Although I am not a pet-owner (yet), I can appreciate a property that does offer the ability to bring along your "Babies". I think it would serve them well to have a floor/floors dedicated to those individuals who do not have pets/are not traveling with pets, as I was right in between two rooms with dogs, and was disturbed off-and-on throughout the night (on my first night). The upside - when I happened to go downstairs to find out if I could be moved, I wasn't able to, but again, the young lady at the front counter was quite accommodating and called the guests to ask them to try to contain their dogs.

All-in-all, I was quite impressed with this La Quinta and would recommend it to anyone - especially pet lovers.

Room Tip: This property is close to a mall and shopping, (i.e., Walmart and Target are not too far on Military...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Everytime I come to the Tidewater Area, I stay at this hotel. I love the comfort of the beds. The breakfast is great. We enjoy the indoor pool and sauna and the location is perfect. You can travel to Newport News and Hampton within 15 minutes if the tunnels are not backed up. You can get to downtown Norfolk and Virginia Beach in no time. I love this hotel and I will recoommend it to all of my family and friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Arrived on a Tue and left on Sun- pool was not cleaned the entire time we were there. There were small bunches of "stuff" on the bottom of the pool- think small versions of the stuff from the movie "cocoon"- front desk said from those who went to beach then in the pool over the weekend prior. Very difficult to get in and out of the hotel parking lot. Breakfast is free but the same thing EVERY day and other hotel free breakfasts have had more selection and more attentive staff. Random hairs on towels and iron burn marks on the carpet. Towards end of stay a couple with a dog checked in and were in the room next to us. The dog barked randomly ALL night for two straight nights. I appreciate pet friendliness but there should be pet rooms- not right by the elevator- in designated pet areas (say one wing). After many yrs of traveling I can say I will never stay at a hotel that allows pets again because of this experience.

• Stayed September 2012