“Excellent pet friendly accommodations”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
A TripAdvisor Member
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We arrived without a reservation late in the evening after a 24 hour plane ride. We were treated with great care with excellent customer service . Having two large dogs and a family of four it was nice to be accommodated at a moments notice without ridiculous pet fees. The room was in excellent repair and the free breakfast was a huge plus. I would highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed March 31, 2012

On a business trip, we needed to stay close both to the airport and the navy base, so this was a better choice than others. The hotel has a typical motel, "plastic" look both on th outside, in the lobby and rooms. They are functional, yet basic. The staff was friendly and helpful. The best thing about the hotel is probably the price.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank zlaton
Reviewed March 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the Bar exam in February 2012. We had a king room on the top floor of the hotel. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. Also the hot water never ran out. The breakfast was free and so was the internet and parking, which was very nice since both tend to be a rarity in Norfolk. Also the hotel was an easy 10-15 minute drive to the test center (waterside marriott) on interstate for most of the way. I didn't try the pool or the hot tub. They didn't give us a problem when I requested late checkout, but normal checkout is at noon and late checkout is at 1pm, so it really isn't that much of a difference. My only complaint is that the door didn't block any of the hallway noise. You couldn't really hear the rooms to either side (both of which were occupied), but whenever anything happened in the hallway it sounded like it was going on in the room. Also, being on the top floor, we heard more of the airport noise than my husband did last year on the 2nd floor. But hey, for about $70/night this is probably one of the best deals in Norfolk. Also, they have coupons at the front desk for Aberdeen Steakhouse.

Room Tip: If the occassional airplane noise bothers you, don't stay on the top floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank asidoti
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Stopped here on the way to Florida as part of our stops. The main reason in choose Norfolk was because it had the best reviews and dog parks for a one night stay. Though because of the weather on arrival, my dog wasn't able to enjoy any of this. However La Quinta was very clean, we actually saw a couple of dogs coming and going on arrival. However I did not hear on dog bark. This was my pets first hotel stay and my concern was cleanliness and him sensing other dogs. I hope every La Quinta is this great!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole C
Reviewed February 2, 2012

This hotel lived up to the billing. We arrived around 11 a.m. and they hustled to get us into our rooms soon after. The place is very clean and the personnel quite friendly. The kids enjoyed the pool and the breakfast.

Room Tip: The back rooms are probably better as they don't face the street. It seemed like the double bed...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mikeacfla
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Short business trip. Great room and breakfast pantry was well stocked. Hotel was immacilate and staff was friendly. Not a typical la quota fan, but would def stay here again!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2012

First, when I walked into the lobby to check in, I immediately noticed the cleanliness. Then when I gave my name for the reserved room, I was upgraded to a suite at no charge. This suite was great. It gave my wife the ability to use the internet, watch TV and I could also watch TV "in bed". I had calls to make and left my wife in the room, feeling secure in that decision. The staff and services were the best in every way. Definitely will stay here on my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business