“Good beer selection....terrible service”
Review of Cogan's Pizza

Cogan's Pizza
Ranked #117 of 704 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Pizza, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Good beer selection....terrible service”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I live in Ghent and have been to Cogan's many times. It seems like the food and service is going downhill. On my most recent visit here I waited over an hour for my pizza and it was not made properly. It seems like my server was more concerned with socializing with her friends and my table was inconstantly ignored. When I alerted her that my pizza was not correct I got attitude from her. The beer selection here is great, but there are also a lot of other places in Ghent that offers an equally good selection with better service and food. Since I live so close to Cogan's I will go back, but hope the management takes steps at improving their food and staff.

• Visited March 2013

Norfolk, Virginia
“Good pizza joint”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We went in the summer and sat outside on the patio. The pizza was delicious and the beer list was fun.

Visited July 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“cool bar, great pizza”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Hawaiian and pepperoni were both awesome! I grew up in Ghent and love stopping in when I'm home for the holidays. The bar and the patio are also great.

Visited December 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Don't Waste Your TIme”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had an absolutely terrible experience with this place. We heard countless stories of how great the food is, so we took a group of 30 guys there. Unfortunately, when we arrived, they told me they gave my reservation away. When I asked the manager why, her only reply was "sorry, it happens." When I asked how soon they could have something prepared for us, they said they did not know. The food may in fact be awesome, but their customer service is terrible. Needless to say, we took our business elsewhere. Head on over to Del Vecchio's. They took us at the last minute, and the service was amazing. The pizza was great and the prices were even better.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Clint5490
Agana, Mariana Islands
“Better food at pizza hut.”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Rude and inept servers. When the girl brought our awful overrated pizza to the table, she picked up my purse to move it. It wasn't until I shot her a dirty look that she said sorry. Same girl closes a cabinet right behind me, where I am sitting and says sorry again. She could have waited for me to leave. Again, rude. Our server never even sent a request for our fries to the kitchen, so we never got them. Seems like there are a lot of people that hate their jobs here. Pizza was overpriced, stated extra cheese, it was almost naked. I have heard so much about this place, my friends rave about it. Pizza fail, service fail. Just drink a beer and leave if you step foot in this place. In the server's defense he seemed new, the review of the girl mentioned earlier was not our server.

1 Thank crusherace03