“cool bar, great pizza” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cogan's Pizza
Ranked #117 of 695 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Pizza, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“cool bar, great pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Hawaiian and pepperoni were both awesome! I grew up in Ghent and love stopping in when I'm home for the holidays. The bar and the patio are also great.

Visited December 2012

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Don't Waste Your TIme”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had an absolutely terrible experience with this place. We heard countless stories of how great the food is, so we took a group of 30 guys there. Unfortunately, when we arrived, they told me they gave my reservation away. When I asked the manager why, her only reply was "sorry, it happens." When I asked how soon they could have something prepared for us, they said they did not know. The food may in fact be awesome, but their customer service is terrible. Needless to say, we took our business elsewhere. Head on over to Del Vecchio's. They took us at the last minute, and the service was amazing. The pizza was great and the prices were even better.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Clint5490
Agana, Mariana Islands
“Better food at pizza hut.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Rude and inept servers. When the girl brought our awful overrated pizza to the table, she picked up my purse to move it. It wasn't until I shot her a dirty look that she said sorry. Same girl closes a cabinet right behind me, where I am sitting and says sorry again. She could have waited for me to leave. Again, rude. Our server never even sent a request for our fries to the kitchen, so we never got them. Seems like there are a lot of people that hate their jobs here. Pizza was overpriced, stated extra cheese, it was almost naked. I have heard so much about this place, my friends rave about it. Pizza fail, service fail. Just drink a beer and leave if you step foot in this place. In the server's defense he seemed new, the review of the girl mentioned earlier was not our server.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank crusherace03
Ash, United Kingdom
“Dinner with Friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband and I had a pizza here with another married couple and it was a very friendly place, the pizza was good and the prices were decent. I definitely would recommend this place!

• Visited December 2011
Richmond, Virginia
“Fun decor and atmosphere, mediocre pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Perhaps I'm a little more picky than most pizza eaters since I've lived in NYC, but the quality of the pizza at Cogan's was disappointing. Our group ordered the focaccia, a Philly cheesesteak pizza, and a margherita pizza. All tasted bland and rather dry to me.

The atmosphere was definitely "divey" - decor reminded me of the 1970s. Wait staff was friendly and prompt. Smoking is still allowed on the fully enclosed patio, which I always appreciate.

I'll come back to Cogan's for sure when I'm in Norfolk (friends of ours who live here swear by it) but I'll try a sandwich or pasta. Even Chanello's makes a far better pizza in my opinion.

• Visited October 2012