Just got back from a stay at the hotel. First the positives: the views from the seaview rooms and from the general areas of the hotel are spectacular! The clifftop pool is fantastic. The drinks in the bar were great. The room itself was quite average though. Stylish yes, but not finished to a standard that I expected. I find that, if you run a 'design hotel' then the finishing must be immaculate and the materials first class but this was not always the case: dark 'stripes' in the wall, the ceiling in the bathroom was messy, etc. The size of the room is very good, the bathroom is rather small (if you're 'big' then you can hardly sit on the toilet next to the washbasin - to clarify: I'm not 'big'). Some staff are wonderful (esp in the bar), some not so much. We stayed in 2 other hotels in Madeira on this trip and there the staff were brilliant. The thing that disappointed me was the food though. Breakfast was average. Also, the parking situation is horrendous!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The best way to define the concept that lies behind the Estalagem da Ponta do Sol is the idea of an escape hotel. It is set on the top of a cliff - a more spectacular location is difficult to imagine. The hotel is a result of the renovation of an old "quinta", and the goal was simple: to integrate the original buildings in a distinct, contemporary style. The architecture enhances the beauty of an already beautiful place and the atmosphere is simple and relaxed, yet sophisticated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Prestigia, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Estalagem Ponta do Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estalagem Da Ponta Do Sol Hotel Ponta Do Sol
- Ponta Do Sol Estalagem Da
- Estalagem Ponta Do Sol Madeira