Stayed for a week in June as part of a package holiday with Simply Travel and found to our delight that the hotel, it's staff and its location confirmed all of the many favourable reviews written written about them.this designer hotel is quite definitely the best "overseas" hotel we have stayed in. All of the staff went out of their way to make you most welcome and the rooms were comfortable and spacious with a large balcony with views to "die for". The food was first class. Massive breakfasts with just about everything on offer (except I'm afraid for this Scot marmalade!) and a comprehensive dinner menu very well prepared at reasonable prices.A very useful service offered is the free courtesy minibus which runs daily trips to Funchal, neighbouring towns and levada walks. If we can afford it we shall certainly return - it is a treat not to be missed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The best way to define the concept that lies behind the Estalagem da Ponta do Sol is the idea of an escape hotel. It is set on the top of a cliff - a more spectacular location is difficult to imagine. The hotel is a result of the renovation of an old "quinta", and the goal was simple: to integrate the original buildings in a distinct, contemporary style. The architecture enhances the beauty of an already beautiful place and the atmosphere is simple and relaxed, yet sophisticated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda and HRS so you can book your Estalagem Ponta do Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estalagem Da Ponta Do Sol Hotel Ponta Do Sol
- Ponta Do Sol Estalagem Da
- Estalagem Ponta Do Sol Madeira