What a fantastic reception area, the staff were really helpful and polite. Drinks on arrival and bags checked in with ease! Organised dinner times and the room as always to a high standard and ready for us. Riu never let you down! Food was excellent and staff could not do enough for you. The pools were very spacious and clean, would be more appropriate for older children! Evening entertainment was to a high standard. Free bus service into town - be prepared for a push to two!! Funchal is a lovely relaxing place, locals friendly and great scenery. Quite hilly so be prepared! Not ideal for wheelchairs as very uneven. Defo worth a visit. Go on you know you want tooo!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located opposite the oceanfront promenade of Canico de Baixo. 8-Storey building. 10 M to the sea; access to the ocean across a walkway. 13 Km from Funchal (complimentary shuttle service from the hotel; weekdays and Saturdays. Not available on public holidays). 2 Km from the city centre. 2 Km from various shops. 10 Km from the airport. 50 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Madeira Canico
- Hotel Riu Palace Madeira Canico