On arrival we were welcomed by the very friendly and helpful staff and the Madeira wine. Our room was spacious and clean with a fridge. The balcony was private and we had a partial view of the sea. There was always a good selection of food at every meal and good quality. A shuttle bus was on hand to take you into Funchal where there is the cable car up the mountain and if you're adventurous you can come down in a basket which was great fun! Where the hotel is situated there is very little to do as it seems to be in the middle of nowhere. We found our holiday rep (Sarah) very helpful organising and making suggestions regarding trips out. All the staff in the hotel are really good in helping you out with absolutely anything. The service was always good although the bar staff were always rushed off their feet trying to keep everyone hydrated! (The cocktails were great)!! Over all we had a really good holiday and it certainly helps when the people are friendly! Our room was cleaned every day to a high standard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located opposite the oceanfront promenade of Canico de Baixo. 8-Storey building. 10 M to the sea; access to the ocean across a walkway. 13 Km from Funchal (complimentary shuttle service from the hotel; weekdays and Saturdays. Not available on public holidays). 2 Km from the city centre. 2 Km from various shops. 10 Km from the airport. 50 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Madeira Canico
- Hotel Riu Palace Madeira Canico