We have stayed in several Riu hotels but this was our first time All Inclusive. We stayed early May when this had just been introduced and found the system very efficient. Breakfast, lunch, dinner were all excellent and I loved the sandwiches and cake for afternoon tea and also the cocktails before dinner. I can't comment on the entertainment as we didn't watch any of the acts. What really makes this hotel is the staff they are so friendly and super efficient. The wine glasses were filled regularly during dinner and we even had port with our cheese. Riu beds are hard so as we checked in I asked for mattress toppers and the maid was at the door 5 minutes later. The only downside is the location. The promenade in Canico is rather run down but the free bus to Funchal runs regularly. A very enjoyable holiday leaving us eager to try more Riu All Inclusive hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located opposite the oceanfront promenade of Canico de Baixo. 8-Storey building. 10 M to the sea; access to the ocean across a walkway. 13 Km from Funchal (complimentary shuttle service from the hotel; weekdays and Saturdays. Not available on public holidays). 2 Km from the city centre. 2 Km from various shops. 10 Km from the airport. 50 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Madeira Canico
- Hotel Riu Palace Madeira Canico