stayed here about two years ago. Short break - could see that things had been different about 20 years previously. Bit Fawlty Towers - unusual and querky in parts, indoor swimming pool in reception, felt like the titanic - rooms dark and old woody looking, lots of walking to get anywhere, had a family feel about the place though staff could be quite remote. Had a short stay. My husband didn't care too much for the place as he got vertigo from being high up and far reaching from the sea/coast line. Lots of French elderly trekkers in residence at times. Very handy for Funchal expensive small restaurants surrounding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dom Pedro Garajau is a 3-star hotel-apartment with 272 rooms and Suites set on the south coast of Madeira Island. Garajau is famous its Natural Reserve made to protect a very privileged area of Madeira's coast, in an effort to make it work as an ecological nursery. This is the only exclusive marine reserve in the entire Portugal and It is a location for snorkeling and scuba-diving.Facilities are included such as an Indoor heated pool with sliding roof, apart from two outdoor pools and Children's Pool and also a sports court. Dom Pedro Garajau is setting half way between Funchal and Canico ideal to visit the island. All of this makes it the perfect base for exploring the island or enjoying an action-packed holiday. Dine Around and stay at Dom Pedro Garajau. The "Dine Around" system is a different option that allows food lovers to pick restaurants outside the hotel. Through a voucher system, half-board guests staying at the Dom Pedro Garajau can now choose from a variety of restaurants near the hotel. Without doubt, this factor will set us apart from the traditional Half-board system, allowing our clients to change restaurants daily and experience different types of cuisine. Madeira International Airport is only 11km (6.8 miles) from the hotel (10 minutes drive), and only 8 km (4.9 miles) from the main city, Funchal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Dom Pedro Garajau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dom Pedro Garajau Canico
- Hotel Dom Pedro Garajau Madeira
- Dom Pedro Garajau Madeira/Canico