Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
dining room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

Pat_the_C...
Rayleigh, United Kingdom
“Devil is in the detail”
Reviewed August 25, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

I have written many reviews over the last few years but this is my first Villa review, it's harder than you think. But I will do my best to be objective based on the 6 of our experiences. This Villa has the potential of being a real find. However it lacks the detail which many of us would deem as standard. Externally it has few faults. See my video on You Tube (type Patrick ager in the search bar). Vivenda Sousa is well positioned inland with its €8 taxi ride to Vilamoura marina and €10 taxi ride to Loulé, both worth a visit. Locally there are 3 great restaurants - Wild fire, Moon and Villa Sol Bistro all 500 meters away.

The Villa itself has a large pool, extensive grounds, driveway and Barbecue. I will say upfront that Fernando is a "can do" kinda guy and if you have a problem he will address them immediately, as he did with a broken toilet. It broke again but heh - thats life. We wanted more tea towels... sorted, Clean the pool - Sorted. The bigger issues take time and I am sure in time they will be sorted in the coming months. A few details would make the the whole experience better, e.g. patio cushions, cheap to replace as they were so worn and old that our 3 female friends would not sit on them..... quite horrid. Only one working umbrella around the pool between 6 people - in 30 degree heat more shade is required. out of the 3 bathrooms 2 desperately need replacing and one (in reality just needs minor attention). The pictures added by the owner are factual - I have added a few.... Although 2 rather wonderful Palms are missing from the pictures shown?

Every morning between 4 and 6am we were audience to 4 barking dogs - continual barking, these were not the owners but the adjacent neighbours 20 meters from the villa. Out of the owners control, however as an owner I would have a word. On top of this the neighbour put the dog poo in a bucket close to the fence near the pool and sun beds, Seriously?! The cleaners could do better, Poolside towels were fine but supplied bathroom tools were very small, I do love a big towel.

Fernando arranged our Taxi from the airport and the return - Top man! Since taxis seem to be selective and sparse... Keep the number of your Airport ride, it could be useful. Food and drink, Lidl is best and I walked it with a friend, got a taxi back (arranged at the checkout). Cheaper that the UK despite exchange rates plummeting!

All in all I had a great time with our friends cooking and drinking, the spacious villa made it possible especially with that Barbecue. Did I have a great time? Yes - would I recommend a friend? ... You had better email me on this

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Pool, size of villa
Liked least: Bathrooms - 2 need desperate attention 1 is "OK"
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Sep 2, 2016
Thank you for your review. These guests never complained about a thing during their stay except the toilet that had to be fixed twice. I myself asked them a couple of times while they were staying there if everything was fine, all the times they said yes. I invite everyone who reads this review to have a look at Owners Direct and see all the reviews I have about my villa how my guests describe the villa, the services, the conditions, etc. I really don't understand why these guests give 3 stars when the most are 5 stars. The bathrooms are ok, I've got hundreds of clients since 2010 and never had remarks about the bathrooms. The chair cushions on the terrace have been replaced. Since some time ago that I tried to find the same color, as I didn't succeed I bought different ones. I had two umbrellas around the pool, one was broken with the wind, without my knowledge, anyway if they have told me to replace that one I had done it right away. End of the season I will check if the bathrooms walls need to be painted, if so, I will do it. The question about the dogs: these belong to my gardener who does the pool and the garden. He lives just behind in a small house and he has 3 dogs, to be honest I sleep on the first floor of the villa and I never heard them barking in the night, anyway I told him to put the dogs inside his house what he really did. In October I will built a wall in stone all along the back side of the pool, replacing the actual net and metal plates, may be is this what this lovely guest means with outside improvement as I don’t see anything else. He had a great holiday and I must say that I have already 5 bookings for next year, mostly guests who have been there before, year after year the number of repeaters increase because they love the villa, they love my assistance, and they love the place.
Fernando Rebelo
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing