“Good value small family run hotel”
Review of Hotel Praia Sol

Hotel Praia Sol
Ranked #30 of 48 Hotels in Quarteira
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Just returned from spending 8 nights B&B at this hotel. Excellent accommodation for a reasonable price just 5 to 10 minutes walk from both Quarteria and Villamura. Having just 40 rooms over 3 floors meant that sunbeds were plentiful around the pool and there were generally enough tables available for the tasty breakfast served in the morning. Only thing I would suggest is taking your own teabags and coffee since drinks provided were weak and tasteless. We managed to hire a fridge for our room (10 euros for the week) which was brilliant allowing us to chill water and soft drinks for consuming on our balcony. Bar prices were reasonable except a can of Sprite cost 2 Euros 50 (more than a 1/2 litre of beer!) Supermarket only 5 mins walk away though. Favourite dining experience were the first class steaks are served at the Fairways restaurant at the marina. Hope to return at some date in the future!

Room Tip: Room overlooking car park got sun in afternoon - very hot though in July. Morning sun in rooms over...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a two week stay in Praia Sol Hotel. We stayed on a half board basis and found this hotel extremely good value for money. Staff were exceptionally friendly and welcoming, rooms were clean and comfortable and the food was nice. Breakfast is buffet style with a good selection. There is a choice of a meat dish or a fish dish for evening meals. I am vegetarian and when I told the staff, the chef offered to cook an individual meal of my choice each time I ate in the restaurant :) The pool area is spacious and relaxing and the bar reasonably priced. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah R
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Got back today, 10 July, after 6 days at this hotel.
Was warmly welcomed by Isobella on my early arrival, and quickly allocated a lovely room overlooking the pool. I agree with other reviews that the hotel is modern and clean everywhere. Breakfast is sufficient, but I agree the choice for dinner is limiting. When I stay again, which I will, it will be on a B&B basis as there are plenty of local restaurants to choose from. Easy safe walk to Villamoura and Quarteira.
All the staff are very helpful and friendly making my stay very enjoyable, thanks again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Allan C
Natasha D, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Praia Sol, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

We appreciate when guests post a review so we can always improve.

We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Praia Sol and look forward to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Me and my hubby booked a 3 night break in this hotel and were warmly welcomed by the staff who too were very helpful! The room was lovely, modern and clean. The back gate was great and made it only a 5min walk into vilamoura though it closes at 11 pm otherwise the walk the other way was still only 10 mins along the beach front then up another road. The breakfast was nice and drinks at the bar were a good price, 2 Euros for a pint. Overall a great base for the beautiful vilamoura:)

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Gem0207
Natasha D, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Praia Sol, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

We appreciate when guests post a review and take all to consideration.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward for your return.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel has a lot going for it. It is very clean, the beds are comfortable and the aircon works well. The staff are very hardworking, each multi-tasking waitressing, bar person, cleaners and bed making. However, they are too busy to interact with guests and definitely need at least one more staff member to help out. The food lets this hotel down. As previously mentioned by other reviewers, the breakfast is unimaginative as is the dinner. How glad was I to miss fish soup followed by tuna pie on the day we left! The back gate is also a bone of contention with guests it would seem. You feel a nuisance by asking for it to be unlocked. Why not give each guest their own swipe card? Problem solved. The pool area was clean with immaculately kept gardens, however, some of the parasols need to be replaced as they have seen better days. I would re-visit this hotel, but only on a bed & breakfast basis as I don't think the dinner menu fitting for this hotel

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maz049

We appreciate when guests post a review and take all to consideration.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay however are sorry you did not enjoy meals in the Restaurant.

We have taken your points to consideration and hope you return in the future.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

After reading some reviews about this hotel I feel I must comment. My family and I visited this hotel in May as a cheap last minute break. We normally spend decent amounts of money on 5 star hotels but thought we would have a quick budget break.This hotel is immaculately clean the staff are friendly and helpful and yes I do think the friendliness and quality of service from the staff goes a long way to having an enjoyable holiday. The food choice although limited is very tasty and if you cant find anything you like from the 2 meal options available there's always a snack menu that you can find an alternative from.This ensures that everyone is catered for.The meals were of considerable size so hunger wasn't a problem. Granted the breakfast was limited but there was a bit of something for everyone, if you want 5 star quality and choice then obviously it needs to be paid for. Entertainment on an evening was limited but pleasant in a nice relaxing environment. This hotel is small but well maintained and conveniently located between two resorts depending on what you are looking for. Would I return to this hotel...yes I would because we could not fault it for the price we paid it was exceptional and it was a really enjoyable break.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank bobster4

We appreciate when guests post a review so we can always improve.

We are very pleased you enjoyed your holiday and stay at the Hotel praia sol.

We hope you return and are always welcome to stay again.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I think the previous reviewer get's it about right when mentioning some of the over the top reviews for Praia Sol. It is very clean, quiet with very pleasant staff and the location, provided the back gate is utilised is excellent. I would have no problem staying here again but the food is not for me. The breakfast, whilst welcome, is actually poor quality everything from the sausage, beans, coffee and fruit. I would rather go out. I definitely would not eat dinner in as the selection is extremely limited and if price is your main obstacle to eating out you can find places in both Quarteira and the back streets of Vilamoura which should suit your budget. The hotel is very quiet with the odd exception where some residents just cannot seem to close their room door without banging it. The pool area is very peaceful and the hotel bar is a welcome bonus. The prices are reasonable €2 for a pint and €10 for a large jug of excellent sangria. It is also a good spot to meet your fellow guests. The back gate to Vilamoura is very useful and yes you may have to wait a few minutes whilst a member of staff comes to press the buzzer but it means you are in Vilamoura in about 4 minutes. The staff are kept busy as they have to multi task. The hotel manager really should get a monitor and switch put in the bar area as the staff have to leave the bar to go to reception to press the gate button, hence the wait sometimes.
Make sure you go into Quarteira as you will experience the real Portugal.

Room Tip: For quiet ask to be at the side where the car park is located.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple